Chapter 2

Going Home?

***********************************************************************************************

Vegas POV.

I have lost track of how long I'd been stuck in this ridiculous hospital room. The sterile white walls have been single handedly making me lose my mind. I've never wanted to go home more, the only thing is, I don't particularly know if I even have a home. Today is the first day waking up to Pete not being at the foot of the bed. While I had a panic first thing in the morning, a nurse told me that my "friend" had gone out to get me some clothes. 

After about three hours of nurses coming in and out, checking my vitals, asking me questions, giving me prescriptions, I was exhausted. Once all the nurses had left Pete walked in with a large duffle bag, smiling at me the moment he saw me. I could feel my breath hitch by the beautiful man in front of me, smiling ear to ear. 

"Are you ready to go home? They said you've healed enough to leave." Pete said happily while unpacking different options of clothing for me to choose from. I sighed, "thank god, baby, I have wanted to get the fuck out of here for days." Pete began untying my robe letting it fall to the ground, revealing my completely naked body. 

"Well, you seem very excited to remove all of my clothing." I said as I glanced down at my body and back of at Pete. He paused for a moment, looked me up and down silently for what felt like at least five minutes, I could feel my body warming up. Pete's eyes made their way back up to mine only for him to smile as he pulled out a pair of shorts throwing them at my chest. 

"Nope, not now, we can't be doing that here, let's get home first before you start getting all horny." Pete shook his head at me, laughing lightly like music to my ears. "You're the one who just stripped me of my clothes you can't blame me for getting a bit hopeful." I smiled at him and began putting on the clothes he prepared for me.

***********************************************************************************************

Pete POV. 

I stood at the front desk signing the paperwork to officially get Vegas discharged into my care. I am so happy that we are finally able to get out of this hospital, though I have been a bit scared of telling Vegas where we will be going next once we walk out of here. 

I opened the trunk of my car, putting in all the bags that had piled up since Vegas first was placed in the hospital. Vegas reached to get into the driver's seat of my car, I coughed loudly, starring at him, "Vegas, you're not driving, you have no idea where we are going yet." 

Vegas paused, looking up at me as I shut the trunk and walked over the driver side of the car. He opened the door and moved out of the way allowing me to climb Infront of the wheel. He shut the door and made his way around to the other side of the car. 

We sat in silence for a moment before Vegas shifted his body to look at me, "Where is it that we are going? How come you haven't told me, Pete, I don't have a home anymore. My father is dead, Porsche is the new leader of the Minor family, I have nothing left, so please tell me where the fuck we are going so that I can be prepared." 

My stomach dropped, I could feel a knot in my throat, not knowing what words I could possible say that could calm him down. I think Vegas could tell that I was lost because his eyes went soft. I looked at him, "you don't need to be harsh, and please, you're not alone, you have me, and Macau... As for where we are going, you do have a home, Kinn and Porsche have no intention of kicking you out of the family just because your father is dead." 

I started the car and began the drive out to our house. A house on the property of the Minor family, a home built for us thanks to Porsche not wanting us too far away but also not too close. Vegas had a heavy sigh before he spoke, "baby, you know I didn't mean it like that, I just feel really lost and confused right now." 

I stayed silent, not wanting to get too worked up over nothing. It was a lengthy drive; Vegas spent the whole time with his hand caressing my thigh while he stared out the window with the occasional glance in my direction. I felt good, happy with the kind of attention he was giving me, but even this I know is new for him. 

Kinn, my old boss, told me to be careful, Vegas wasn't raised in a loving home, he doesn't know how to control his emotions. I am starting to think Kinn forgot that I was once kidnapped by Vegas and tortured close to death in the basement of some Minor family escape house.  

I know this is new for him, and I want to be here for it, but that means I too need to watch my emotions. I can't just instigate arguments for no reason, and I want him to know how loved he is. 

***********************************************************************************************