Colors

I stared into Josiah's eyes, waiting for him to say more. His eyes were amazing. They looked blue and gold and I marveled at the idea of colors. I had only ever been surrounded by four grey walls.Josiah pulled me from my thoughts, standing from the bed.

"I should go get you some new clothes. You look cold, those shorts are just barely there."

A new color rose to his cheeks with the end if his words. Red, I realized. Josiah was blushing. Why, I wondered. Had I done something wrong?

I watched as he shook his head and left the room. This left me alone with my thoughts. I pondered over the recent events that had passed. The kiss had felt strange. Though I had never had any human contact, Josiah's lips felt like they had been against mine before.

My heart sped and heat rushed to my cheeks as I vividly remembered what it felt like. The heat from his body, the low sounds he made, his body pressed against mine. I planted lightly, not understanding my body's reactions.

Josiah came back a bit later. He held a blue light blue shirt and black pants in his hands. He thrust them into my hands, turning around and starting to leave again.

"Wait," I whispered.

He turned to look at me. He saw the confusion in my eyes as I held up the garments. He sighed, realizing that I  did not know what to do with them.

He walked back to my side and pulled my body up into a sitting position. He tried not to look at me as he raised my arms so he could pull off the tank top I was wearing. He did not notice my pale skin or over analyze the fact that I no longer had anything covering my chest.

Josiah quickly pulled the blue sweater over my head, dragging it down my stomach. His fingers lightly brushed against the skin of my belly and he seemed to use every ounce of willpower he possessed to not stroke my entire soft body.

He looked at mynthin physique, finally covered once again, and realized that his shorts would not fit mr. He cleared his throat, trying not to feel pleased while viewing me in his clothes.

"You should try to get some sleep," he says. "I'll leave so you can rest."

"No," I cried, the loudest sound I  had made yet, though still just barely above a whisper. "Don't leave me."

Josiah looked at mynpained expression, noting the fear in my eyes. He kicked off his shoes and pulled his shirt over his head, leaving on his black shorts.

I watched as more of his tan body was exposed to my hungry gaze. I was distracted for a moment from mynfears. The world always shook before the images came. I didn't know what sleep was but I  felt like it was tied to the images.

My body started to tremble and tears sprang to my eyes. Josiah noticed and quickly sat beside me, wiping away the tears that overflowed onto myncheeks. He lied down beside me, pulling my body into his and wrapping his arms around my waist.

We spent the night like this. Josiah whispered comforting words in my ear until my breathing slowed and evened out. He sighed and closed his eyes, letting sleep overtake him. We tried to forget how amazingly right it felt to be in each other's arms.