Chapter 5

Nory's POV

On Monday morning, Nory waited eagerly for Ms. Starr to say the news. Elliot turned to Nory, " I hope the 'news' is not about dancing" he said. Ms. Starr walked in and put her things on her desk. "As promised, I will tell you the news." Ms. Starr said. "Finally," Andres muttered. "There will be a dance on Friday." Ms. Starr said. "That explains the projects" Willa muttered. "A dance? What are we supposed to do at a dance?" Bax said grumpily. "We dance obviously" Nory said. " Well...... there is one more thing" Ms. Starr said, " You guys have to ask others to the dance" Ms. Starr said. Nory didn't understand. What does she mean by 'ask others to the dance'? "What do you mean?" Pepper said. "I mean that, the boys have to ask a girl to the dance and you both will dance with each other," Ms. Starr explained. "Gross" Bax said. What? No one would ask Nory to the dance. Nory knew that she would not be going to the dance. "Anyway, Math time!" Ms. Starr said.

At lunch, Nory and her friends sat down at the lunch table. "I can't believe we have to ask a girl to the dance" Bax said grumpily. "I think I know who I am going to ask" Elliot said, tapping his chin. " Is it W-" Andres started. Elliot tugged on Andres's leash and Andres stopped talking. "I know no one's going to ask me" Nory said sadly. "Someone might" Pepper said. "No way" Nory said. Nory knew no one would ask her.