Chapter 13

Nory's POV

Nory was not looking forward to dance practice. Nory didn't even want to go to the stupid dance but, now she had to because of her father. Nory walked over to where Bax was. The music played. Nory couldn't help noticing that Bax was a good dancer. Like, a really good dancer. Nory watched Bax's feet. "Guys, you guys need to look at each other and smile," Ms. Starr reminded. Ugh. Nory didn't look up. Bax was looking at Nory, though. "Nory, we are supposed to be looking at each other" Bax said. "Yeah, I know" Nory replied. Nory still didn't look up. Bax sighed.

After the dance practice, Nory was drinking water and talking with Pepper and Marigold. Willa was talking to Elliot. Pepper and Nory told Marigold the problem. Willa already knew about the whole dance thing. "So, Nory, let me get this straight, you need a partner to the dance but, you don't have one" Marigold said. "Right" Nory said. "So, you should ask Bax" Pepper said. Nory rolled her eyes. Why do they keep saying that? "Speaking of Bax, um... you should turn around Nory" Marigold whispered. Nory turned around, and to her dismay, Bax was standing there. "Uh......hi? Can I help you?" Nory said. "Uh.........um..........I....................was.........um......wondering if you ..........could......uh.... go....to.... the dance with me?" Bax awkwardly said. Nory saw, in the corner in her eye, that Andres was jumping and pumping his fist in the air. Elliot was grinning and Sebastian was cheering. Nory was confused. She turned her attention back to Bax. He was blushing and he looked very embarrassed about the boys. "Um......I-" Nory started but, then she heard Elliot say "Nory's father is going to be at the dance". Oh my gosh. Nory forgot all about her family. Her father had told her to come home quickly. "Oh no! I-I have to get home now!" Nory grabbed her backpack. "Wait Nory!" Bax called. Nory had already ran out of the classroom.