A Chat with the Past

After 8.30 in the morning, Grimmauld place was super crowded just like it always is. Alice sat in the living room, a book on her lap. She saw by the corner of her eyes, a flash of red hair sitting next to her. Ali looked up from her book, smiling at the past self of her godmother.
"Hi", said said

"Hi, what are you reading?", young Ginny asked, curiously looking at the book on her lap.

"Oh..this was on the dining table, I was a little bit bored".

Ginny smiled. Alice wonder if she only sat next to her to have a friendly chat or to ask something she has been thinking of since they arrived.

"I was wondering........", she hesitated "How is my self in future, I mean, am I the same, have I changed a lot."

Ali smiled at her questions

"If you are asking about your qualities, you are the best godmother I could think of, and you a very good mom to those three".

This single sentence seems to make Ginny's whole day as her face lit up.

"Am I strict, like my mom? Omg, do I turn to be my mom". She asked, looking shocked again.

"Well, can't keep up with those three if your not strict, not only them, you always say that uncle Harry is equal to all three of them, " Alice laughed alone with Ginny.

After several minutes of laughter, they both controlled it, small giggles still escaping Alice's lips.

"So the future is safe?", Ginny asked after fully controlling her giggles.

"It is, I mean you all defeated Voldemort so it's pretty much a safe future but my dad and uncle Harry goes on some missions few times, they say there's some deatheaters hiding until there find a chance."

"We, defeated the deatheaters?".

"Yep", Ali said popping the 'p', "In the Battle of Hogwarts, uncle Harry defeated Voldemort with the help of you, uncle Ron, Aunt Hermione, the Weasleys, the order and many Hogwarts students.

"Wow", Ginny whispered, more like to herself.

"It is wow, I always love hearing the story."
" Can I ask you another question, if it doesn't bother you ", Ginny asked her voice very soft.
"Of course it's no bother ".
"Do you know how I ended up with Harry ", She asked a small blush creeping to her cheeks.

Ali smiled "Mhm.... you told me the story in the future ".
"Well, as you said by the end of your fourth year, aunt Hermione told you not to be shy around uncle Harry and be yourself around him, and to start dating other boys. So you did as you were told and it surely caught uncle Harry's eyes, by the end of your fifth year, after the final quidditch match, he had kissed you Infront of the whole Gryffindor common room."

This made young Ginny blush even more.

"But that year he broke up with you to go on his mission to defeat Voldemort. After Voldemort's downfall, he got back with you and you were together ever since then".

"Do you know what you do as a job in the future?", Ali asked suddenly, snapping Ginny out of her thoughts.

"Of course "

"Well, you are a legendary quidditch player in Holyhead Harpies, everyone in the wizarding world loves you "

"Really?", Ginny asked her eyes shining.

"Yep, but you retired after James was born, now you work for the ministry as Deputy head auror, Uncle Harry's second".

"Why did I retired, I mean I could have always go play after having kids"

"Yeah, but as a quidditch player you had lot in your shoes, trainings, tours, you wanted to be closer to your family, you applied for the ministry when Al was 2 years "

Ginny smiled thinking how much she would be loving her family in future.

"You're James's age, right?", Ginny asked couple of minutes after.

"Yeah"

"But I didn't see you two getting alone much"

"Well, we were really close but as we grew we drew apart, probably because school and stuff", Ali lied this time, though she perfectly knows the reason for their ruined friendship "We're mending things now", she said more like to herself.

"KIDS!!, Lunch is ready", Mrs Weasley shouted from the kitchen.

'Just in time', Ali thought to herself.

"Let's go catch some lunch before those hyenas now shall we", She asked Ginny, grinning "Trust me, when it comes to food their all the same".

"Same here", said Ginny, getting to her feet as they watched James racing Albus to the kitchen while holding Lily in his arms.

"JAMES!!! BE CAREFUL", Ali screamed as she walked towards the kitchen with Ginny.