22

twenty-two

Out of breath and with a pounding headache I entered the office. I could feel the cold sweat against my skin whilst I made my way up to my office, just to be stopped by Kristy. ''Joan, Hi. How was the shoot?'' Taking in a deep breath, I smiled. ''Amazing. Really.'' It was hard to talk after I just ran up three stories. I took the morning off to have enough time at the shoot and then come back to work at 2. ''You need to show me some pictures!'' Kristy said excited. I nodded before seeing Sarah walk out of her office. ''I'll come back to you, alright?'' I passed her and sped up again. ''Sarah?''

The woman spun around, seemingly as stressed as I was. ''I'm uploading the posts for this weeks video at 4. The shorts will be posted tomorrow at 10.'' She nodded whilst looking at something on her phone. ''Are the posts already done?'' I nodded. ''Yes, prepared them yesterday.'' She looked at me and nodded. ''Good. You're doing good.'' I smiled thankful and watched her leave. A big sigh left my mouth before I entered my office. The table was filled with documents, my equipment and...

"Flowers?'' I furrowed my eyebrows, walking up to the table and dropping my bag next to it. A small card was between the red and yellow tulips. I opened it and felt a smile appear on my face. 'Dear Joan, We wanted to congratulate you on your first shoot. You're amazing and we're proud of you.' All of the sidemen signed below the text. I sat down on the chair and just smiled at the flowers in front of me. ''You like them?'' I looked up to see Vik peaking his head through the door. I nodded before turning on the computer. ''Love them. Thank you.'' He smiled and opened the door a bit more to fully stand in the frame. ''Surprisingly, Harry came up with the idea.'' Smiling even more, I nodded. ''It's really sweet of you guys.'' He shrugged. ''Thought I'd come by and see if they're still alive.'' We laughed and I logged myself in.

''Where's the rest?'' I looked up from the screen to see him pointing behind him. ''Harry, Ethan, Josh and Simon are about to record Sidecast right now.'' I nodded and saw a bunch of unread Emails appear. ''And you?'' He shrugged. ''We just filmed a couple of videos for MoreSidemen.'' Nodding again, I read over the first few Mails. ''I'll leave you to it then.'' I smiled at him one last time before he left again. I had a few Mails from companies about sponsoring videos. A bunch of Kristy, sending me pictures and information. And one from Kon who told me where he saved the latest video so I could take a look at it. I put my headphones on and opened the video. It was crazy seeing myself in front of the camera.

My alarm made me jump a little. I've nearly finished the video when my 'post-alert' made me pause it. Quickly opening Instagram, I posted the first picture of the video, captioning it and tagging myself and the rest of the boys before setting the phone down again. In moments like these I was glad that I worked longer the past days. If I didn't, I'd have to prepare much more for the next days. I finished the video and decided to take a look at how the Podcast was going. Locking my screen, I grabbed my phone and got up. I felt my phone vibrating and took a quick look. It was from Harry.

Harry🧸

Are you at work already?

How was the shoot?

I smiled before entering the studio. Their voices got louder with every step I took. I stopped behind the camera and saw the guys sitting on the set, talking about this weeks video. ''Speaking of the devil.'' Simon said, everyone turning to face me. Harry gave me a bright smile. ''Hey.'' I waved at them and Josh waved me over. I stood behind him and Harry, resting my hand on their shoulders. ''We were just talking about you.'' I raised my eyebrows. ''Oh yeah?'' Ethan nodded. ''When you made this guy lick your hand because you said you had a fetish for that shit.'' I laughed, thinking back to it. ''Crazy what kind of stupid shit men would do to get their dick wet.'' I said, everyone laughing. ''Oh, we know.'' Simon said, referring to Harry and I. My eyes grew a little and the grip on harry's shoulder got stronger.