another pointless argument

SAIKI POV

My name is Kusuo Saiki, I was born with psychic powers that nobody except for my family and three schoolmates know about. Outside of that, I'm your average high school student. I do my best to avoid drawing any attention to myself, and for the most part I succeed. There's only truly one scenario in which I can't help but catch the public eye, and I'm partaking in it right now.

I'm walking to school, arguing with L/N Y/N. She's my brother's best friend, and therefore an enemy of mine. The hatred isn't one sided though, she can't stand me either because of the way I treat Kusuke sometimes. In short: we hate eachother. Despite that fact, it feels like all day every day I spend having loud and pointless fights with her.

"You're an idiot, you know that? You probably think you're sooo fucking cool for thinking ORANGE JUICE is better. ORANGE JUICE." If you can't tell from her idiotic comment, the topic for this morning is what drink is best. Honestly I don't even like orange juice, I only said it because I know she hates it more than any other drink.

"Or maybe you're the idiot for choosing 'royal milk tea'. What even is that?"

"DON'T 'what even is that' ME IT IS SO FUCKINNGGG GOOD. I'd offer you a sip but just knowing you've experienced such a heavenly drink would dampen any future experiences with it."

"As if I would ever so much as glance at something you enjoy? You have such horrific tastes, it wouldn't surprise me if you've eaten grass before."

"So much wrong with that statement. For one, FUCK YOU!!!!! For two, I HAVE eaten grass before. You should try it, it'd suit your disgusting face."

Unfortunately, she gets the last word in the argument due to us arriving at school. She runs off to be with Saiko and Aiura, because of course they're friends with her. I'm not complaining though, it keeps all of them far away from me.

Oh god. I just got a chill down my spine. Something bad is about to happen.

Right on cue, Y/N walks into my classroom. This is unusual in the fact that she is supposed to share a class with Toritsuka. Why on earth is she here?

"Y/N just transferred classes to be with us, I expect you all to be welcoming towards her." The teacher says, reading his mind I can tell that not even he is sure why they transferred her.

I see Y/N get excited at the prospect of sitting next to Aiura or even Saiko, but both of our hopes are crushed when the teacher offers her the empty seat next to me.

'...I'm never coming to school again.' I hear her think, and for once I agree with her. How am I ever going to focus knowing that that nuisance is sat next to me? It's bad enough that we have to walk to school with her every day as per my mother's request, but now we have class together? Class time was basically the only time I had away from her, but I can't even be allowed that luxury.

"Fancy seeing YOU here." She whispers, glancing towards me.

"Why were you transferred???" I probably shouldn't start talking to her, the teacher might notice.

"If I knew I'd be undoing it right now. As if I'd willingly be in class with you."

"Well go find out because I—" I'm cut off by the teacher clearing his throat, looking straight at the both of us.

"Is this seating arrangement going to be an issue?" He asks, looking between us.

"YES!" Y/N is all too eager to call out, not that I disagree.

For some reason, despite the girl's very eager acceptance of a seat change, the teacher decides against moving us. God damn it. Thankfully, the rest of class goes off without any more hitches and soon enough it's time for lunch.