Chapter 8: I'm Sorry

They slept peacefully for a while, Soobin waking up every now and then because his bunny ears picked up something that Yeonjun's human ears didn't. Or sometimes Yeonjun would toss and turn in his sleep from a bad dream, waking up the both of them.

Overall, they slept together quite decently, especially from being worn out from their events earlier in the day. Soobin could finally rest in peace after years of being tormented, and Yeonjun felt like he felt just a smidge safer sleeping with someone he thought he could trust.

Soobin woke up a couple hours before Yeonjun just because of his sensitive ears, though this time around, he found it difficult to fall back asleep.

Eventually, he just decided to get up and look around for any food the area could offer, whether it'd be molded bread or uncooked spaghetti was something he didn't mind.

He had always been used to poor food qualities being locked up in that lab.. so he never really minded what condition the food was in as long as it was decently edible.

He puts on a pair of Yeonjun's sweat pants and boxers, he knew the other male wouldn't mind, so he figured it'd be find to barrow. Plus, they were comfy, which was always a good thing.

He smiled softly as he walked into the small kitchen like area, searching the cabinets for anything edible. He often found himself giggling because of the way he looked. To him, he reminded himself of a rat in search of its next dinner.

Eventually, he had found a few packets of ramen and started to heat up some water with the little running the building provided.

Soon, Yeonjun woke up to the sound of the running water, stretching his arms out and groaning at the pain in his lower back and thighs.

He rubbed his eyes and yawned, standing up with wobbly legs as his waddled his way into the makeshift kitchen.

"Soobin..?" He mumbled, sitting on one of the chairs.

Soobin turned around with two bowls of Ramen in his hands, a small smile on his face as he placed one of the bowls in front of the other male.

"Eat.. you'll need the energy. " He smiled softly, handing the boy a pair of chopsticks he happened to find laying in a drawer.

Yeonjun smiled back and put some of the food in his mouth. It wasn't exactly a pleasant taste because he was almost positive the Ramen was past its expiration date, but he'd push past it.

"How are you feeling..? Last night was kind of.. rough.." Soobin asked, hoping the male would say he liked it. He has his doubts about what the other thought about the whole event.

Yeonjun just groaned in response and glared at the boy.

"I was hoping we'd forget about it, I'd rather not think about it," He mumbled, pushing the empty bowl of Ramen away.

"But.. it's an important thing.. we can't just 'forget' Yeonjun.." Soobin responded, eating a bit more of his Ramen.

"Just forget about it, okay!? It didn't mean anything, " Yeonjun shouted, glaring at the boy even harder. He'd been shooting daggers at the male since this topic started.

Soobin flinched when the other shouted, putting his bowl down and backing away with his hands up in surrender.

"I-Im sorry.." He muttered, stuttering the more he looked at the angry boy. He backed away even more, bumping his tail on the counter and making him yelp.

Yeonjuns eyes widened as he made the sound, immediately standing up and rushing towards the male no matter how much it hurt his body.

"Hey! Are you okay? " He rushed to the male, holding his hands out to touch him.

Soobin jumped and pushed the other away, backing away into the bathroom and locking himself in the room.

He was breathing heavily and clutching his arms, muttering constant apologies as he hid his large body under the sink.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry."

"I-I'm sorry."

He cried, digging his nails into his skin. Blood dripped down his arms and onto the floor. He curled into a ball under the sink and covered his ears. Still muttering the same useless apologies.

Yeonjun panicked and followed after the male weakly, knocking on the bathroom door. He tried getting to nob open, but it was locked. The bunny trapped inside wouldn't let him in.

"Soobin! Please.. let me in! I'm sorry!" He shouted, trying his hardest to get into the room. He paused for a second, hearing the muttering from inside the room.

He pressed his ear against the door, listening to the countless apologies and what sounded like a dripping sound. Yeonjun feared the worst that the boy could hurt himself while trapped in that room.

He wanted to help even though he was the cause of the problem. He wanted to go in and shield the boy from all the dangers in the world.

He would be this boys' human shield

He'd protect him with his life

He'd do what people in his past refused to

"Soobin, please.. let me in. " He sighed desperately, still trying to get the door open. He could hear the small cries the boy made from the other side of the room.

Yeonjun pressed his back against the wall, sliding down and sitting in front of it.

He'd wait until he was needed, It didn't matter to him as long as the bunny locked in that room was okay. Till he was safe in Yeonjun's arms, he would not rest.

After a few minutes later the doorbell rang. He already knew who it was, but he didn't want to leave the boy in the room. Who knows how he could react if he met more people he never knew.

Reluctantly.. he got up, slipping a shirt on and walking over to the front door of the apartment. He opened the door, and there stood a short Platinum Blonde and a slightly taller Brunette.

He smiled at the two guys, allowing them to enter. He closed the door behind them and gestured for them to follow him.

The two boys looked at each other weirdly before deciding to listen. When they did, they were led to the bathroom door. Small cries and pleads were the only thing heard from the room.

"I can't get him out.." was the only thing Yeonjun said for them to understand what was happening.

˚*•✩•*˚*•✩•*˚˚*•✩•*˚˚*•✩•*˚*•✩•*˚˚*•✩

I'm so late on updates, but for waiting on me, I'm gonna start another book that I'll probably be working on more than this one.

Thanks for waiting and reminder to vote! And follow me if ya want ;]

<3

Words:1119