Chapter 1: Exploring the creek.

My name is Bailey, I'm 16 turning 17 and this took place when i was 13. my friend Kayla (14) and i were exploring the woods behind our houses, everyone always said it was haunted or cursed by some old witch. of course, being young, we believed all the stories of people getting killed or nearly escaping a ghost. it was fun getting scared at every small noise and telling ghost stories along the way.

We travelled down the steep hill, ducking under tree branches as the sound of creek water flooded in. looking around with the flashlight Kayla stole from her parents, we saw bugs and spiders everywhere, they covered the trees almost fully. if it wasn't for the bright light, we would've stepped on egg sacks! I looked to Kayla with a look. "I hate spiders." I clung to her, keeping far away from those gross insects. "Calm down, they're sleeping" Kayla laughed, poking some. they scattered like water on a frying pan. I screeched, jumping behind her, and stomping my feet, no way are spiders crawling up me!

Kayla dragged me along, farther down the hill. it seemed to be less... spider filled. as we kept going the creek looked farther away... like we were moving backwards, but we weren't. "What the-" I said, still clinging onto Kayla. as we stopped, it was obvious the creek was... stretching away? Kayla grabbed my wrist, running to it. the stream of water went faster. "What the hell is going on?" she exclaimed, looking around us. it... was different. the trees curled above us, the branches resembled claws as they moved, it looked like they were breathing! "I... I'm scared, Kayla" I admitted. she paused for a bit before talking again. "it's- it's fine, our brains are just playing tricks on us!" she rubbed her eyes, trying to clear them. it was clear that she was trying to convince herself it was fine.