14: Introductions

The anniversary celebration of Rosas Studios and Liwanag Pictures was widely regarded as the standout event of the month. Kahit hindi pa ito dumating, ito na ang pinag-uusapan ng mga tao. Everyone was excited about the upcoming night, especially because they were going to announce their newest star. And with that, rumors have begun to circulate about the identity of the new star of Liwanag Pictures. Sa nakaraang buwan, maraming mga extra ang lumabas sa mga teleseryes na inilabas ng dalawang production companies. Dahil dito, nagkaroon ng mga haka-haka ang mga tao kung sino sa kanila ang ipagmamalaki ng Liwanag Pictures.

Alongside those rumors, there was a poll conducted by the media and people to determine the actresses who appeared in these teleseryes. May mga pangalan na sinusubukan ng mga tao na kilalanin dahil nga baguhan, at may mga pangalan rin na kilala na dahil sa mga koneksyon na meron sila sa industriya.

Was it a hundred? Or maybe even a thousand? Probably more than that. Regina was becoming increasingly annoyed by the constant barrage of questions, numbering in the thousands or more than that since she couldn't exactly count how many times she has heard those questions. Sa bawat panayam ay ibinabato sa kanya ang iba't ibang mga tanong tungkol sa bagong aktres ng Liwanag Pictures. Kung naaapektuhan ba siya, nagkakaroon siya ng takot na mawala ang kanyang ningning o baka siya'y mapabayaan at palitan dahil nga may bagong magiging paborito ang mga ito.

With her exceptional acting skills, she gracefully responded to those questions. Her voice lacked any trace of rage, sarcasm, or venom. Her expressions were impeccable, devoid of any hint of irritation or madness. Instead, she wore a smile that endeared her to others. She also showed unwavering support for the unknown actress who was about to be unveiled.

Deep within her veins and her heart, a simmering rage and envy were gradually intensifying. Regina finds the entire situation to be strange. The stranger actress had everyone captivated. Despite being relatively unknown, she is quickly gaining attention and making headlines. She has been featured in news articles, newspapers, and even appeared on a magazine cover, all without showing her face. What. The. Actual. Hell.

That was very unfair on her part. Throughout her time in the industry, she did not encounter any of those experiences. Her name became famous overnight, all because of one cameo appearance. And that was all it took. The current experiences of the stranger actress are much more significant than her past ones. Although she was grateful, everything appeared to be quite unfair. Kahit hindi pa kilala kung sino ang aktres, napansin na siya na naging dahilan para sa kanyang malaking ingay sa publiko. Si Regina ay inabot ng ilang taon bago makilala ng tuluyan. Life can be incredibly challenging and difficult at times. There is a lack of equality in everything. At this point, fairness seems to be an elusive concept.

Regina stared in front of the mirror and annoyance was written all over her face. She was far beyond pissed the moment she woke up, she got up on the wrong side of the bed and when her soul was wide awake, she started to hear the news about the stranger actress again. What was so special about her? She hasn't even proved anything and yet she was beginning to get shined by the spotlight.

Goddamnit.

"Pakiusap sa mga mata Ms. Valderama, pakiayos." Regina's eyes quickly darted up to the rearview mirror, locking onto Ali's frightened gaze. "I apologize, Ms. Valentin. I assure you that it will not happen again."

Regina gently rubbed her temples, attempting to find a sense of calm within herself. She knew that if she didn't, her emotions would build up like a ticking bomb, ready to explode. She had already reached her limit. Just a little more force and she will really explode.

She hissed under her breath, never taking her eyes off Ali, "Let's be grateful that it's just the two of us here. That's our secret to keep."

"Sorry, Val," Ali cleared his throat. Pero ayusin mo ang mga mata mo. Masyadong matalim ang tingin mo, hindi pwedeng gan'yan ka mamaya sa event."