𝟑

"He actually said that?" Tina exclaimed, clearly taken aback

"Yes, and we're scheduled to get married in just two short weeks," I replied, my frustration evident.

"You must have some feelings for him, right?" Tina probed.

"No! I can't stand how rude he is, and this marriage is bound to be a disaster. I give it three months tops before we're talking about divorce," I declared, my anger simmering.

"Every word that comes out of his mouth makes me want to strangle him," I added, my irritation palpable.

"When can I get out of here?" I inquired.

"You'll need to ask Rohan about that," Tina responded.

There was a knock on my ward door, and Benjamin entered, holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Benjamin?" I exclaimed, surprised by his presence.

"Are you okay?" I asked, remembering that he was involved in the car crash with me.

"I should be asking you that, Aria," he replied, worry evident in his eyes as he placed the flowers beside my bed.

"I only ended up with a few scratches on my hand, but look at you," he remarked.

"Thank you, Aria. I shouldn't have gotten into your car that day," he said, remorse lacing his voice.

"It wasn't your fault," I assured him.

"But you swerved the car to your side, so you would take the impact instead of me. I'm older than you; I should have been looking out for you," he said softly, still blaming himself.

"It's okay," I reassured him once more.

"Furthermore, the media caught us in the car crash together, and now everyone's talking about it," he sighed.

Tina handed me my phone, and I saw the news.

The headline read: "Aria Kapoor and Benjamin James in Car Crash Together. Kapoor's Reckless Driving Injures Both Passengers. Currently Hospitalized."

Below the headline was a photo of Benjamin getting into my car and an image of the car after it crashed into the pole.

"You've got to be kidding me," I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Aria," Benjamin apologized again.

"It's alright, it's not the first time I've faced criticism; I'll manage," I reassured Benjamin.

"Is your head alright?" he asked, concern etching his features.

"It still aches a bit, but I'll survive," I replied.

"Here, have some water," he handed me a bottle of water with a straw.

I attempted to take the bottle from him, but he insisted on holding it for me.