Chapter 3

Cole stumbled into his dark apartment. A window being left open caused for ruffling of his blue curtains. I swear I closed all windows, Cole thought. He took off his shoes and headed to close the open window, barely noticing the new Monopoly game started on his living room table. He definitely didn't leave that out. Six houses were placed strategically on the Ninjago avenue place. Wow, whoever played last must've been good.

   "Did someone break into my house?" Cole asked under his breath. He hesitated moving towards the board. The wind blew Cole's black hair in his face, although that didn't stop him from approaching the Monopoly board. It seemed safe, there were no signs of it being a bomb, nor did it seem the criminal who had broken in was still there. The next thing Cole noticed was the mini calander hanging on his shelf. No, there wasn't anything necessarily odd about it, but the date today definitely wasn't February 8th. Cole checked off the date every morning and they were well into October. Instead of showing, 17/10 it showed, 8/2. What robber would break into someone's house just to mess with their calander and set up a Monopoly game? There were no other things changed, stolen, or added, so what was the point of these two? Cole sighed. It was too late to be dealing with this. He slipped the bag off his shoulder and headed to shower instead. His bed was a comforting hug on a long day. The plusb pillows and soft blankets were yelling for him to go and rest, but clearly the Universe had other plans. His bed was covered in red tulips.

   "Who breaks into someone's house just to mess with them! What kind of game are they trying to play?" Cole groaned. Could this be his criminal's doing? The mind games, Cole did hear the criminal had on multiple occasions broke into the homes of detectives. Is the criminal trying to leave clues? Threats? Is that what the tulips mean? Cole brushed off the flowers on his side of the bed. Work could be left for tomorrow, now he needed some sleep.

____________________________________________

Credits to KittyGLMM for the idea of this chapter :)

374 words