CHAPTER XXX

ADLEY

"That fucking.." Oxland pounces forward before she's held back in Lando's arms.

"Relax, girl" he warns, half chuckling.

I can feel all their eyes are on me waiting for my reaction. It hurts, it confuses me more than anything, but I'm trying to play my best poker face.

"Come on, we better head over" Oscar inputs, placing his hands on my shoulders and giving them a little squeeze in comfort.

Oxland and I follow the boys toward the fan pen, holding back whilst the boys sign some merchandise and pose for photos. We try and help the best we can by offering our backs as rests and taking group pictures with different fans.

"Thanks guys" Oscar announces as they wrap up their final autographs.

"Charles is totally into you, I saw how he was looking at you" my head snaps in the direction of the voice.

My eyes catch onto two of the fans have a discussion amongst themselves, one of the looking like the girl Charles was talking to before.

"Oh I know, I'm expecting maximum satisfaction tonight" the blonde coos back, confidently.

"Just so you know, his dick is tiny and I heard, all the girls who get with him end up needing a shot after" Oxland boasts over the top of my shoulder.

"Ox!" I whisper shout at her, earning me a nudge.

"I think you're full of shit" the blonde bites back.

Oxland lets out a cocky chuckle, "I think you're a little desperate, slut"

The blonde goes for Oxland as Oxland boasts her chest back in her direction and next minutes they are on the dust in front of us, hair being pulled and arms flailing around,  as both me and the blonde's friend try and hold back our little chihuahuas.

"Oxland, stop" I scream as crowds begins to form around the commotion. 

"Come here bitch" Oxland growls, going for the blonde again.

"Both of you, can leave" security pipes up from beside, pulling Oxland off the top of the blonde.

"What?" The blonde boasts.

"Leave. Now" the security guard reiterates, this time her eyes darting between Oxland and the blonde.

"Umm, they are actually with us" Lando pipes in.

"I don't care if she's your sub driver, she's to leave these grounds immediately" the guard demands.

The blonde is being picked up off the ground by her friend, obvious blood on her lip and eyebrow before they walk away from the fan pen.

"Yeah, keep going whore" Oxland screams out after them.

"Ox, stop" I beg.

"You need to shut up now Ox" Lando mutters with his teeth grit. "I respect the position you are in right now, but.." Lando begins to explain to the guard.

"The rules are very simple Mr Norris, they don't bend for anyone" she informs before walking away.

"It's fine, I'll catch you later" Oxland announces.

"Wait, I'll come with you" I suggest.

She reaches back and grasps my hands as we walk quite swiftly out of the paddock.

"What's a stupid whore, does she not realise how stupid she sounds?" Oxland mumbles as we wait on the curb for our Uber to arrive to take us back to the hotel.

"Maybe she isn't though" I comment.

"Of course she is" She pushes.

I shrug, "That's what Charles does though, she will be no different to any other girl he picks up"

Oxland looks at me dumbfound before shaking her head, "He's meant to be with you now, Ads, or did you forget about that?"

"I didn't forget" I choke down the lump in my throat, "But he doesn't owe me anything" I lie.

Oxland is shaking her head furiously now, "Nope, Screw this" she mutters before storming away from the curb and back toward the entrance gates to the paddock.

"Oxland?" I call after her, needing to jog a little to keep up with her.

She is surely on a mission as she passes through groups of people and manages to weave her way effortlessly through the crowds as I struggle to find a clear path, constantly bumping into everyone on my mission to keep up.

"Oxland" I shout again, as she passes the McLaren garage, which confuses me at first and then it dawns on me, "Oh shit" I exclaim.

She doesn't even hesitate when she enters the Ferrari garage.

"Excuse me, you can't be here" Someone in Ferrari stops me as I go to follow her.

"Listen here fuckhead" Oxland shouts and as I glance over the man who stands between us shoulder, I see Charles in her line of vision.

"Woah, Oxland, Hey" Charles mutters confused.

"Do you think for once if your life you can think about something other than your dick and realise that you've got literally the most amazing girl in your grasp and you don't give a shit" she bellows.

Charles seems speechless as another member of Ferrari approaches the back of Oxland.

"Don't you dare even think about putting a hand on me" she comments, stopping the guy in his tracks. "I'm leaving anyway"

"We all knew you were a dog, we all knew you were an ass, we all knew you were a pathetic man whore. I just never thought you were stupid." She makes her final comment before turning on her heel, pushing past the man and returning to my direction.

I glance up to find Charles looking at me with remorse, I shrug my shoulders at him before turning to leave with Oxland.

"Now, I'm ready to leave" she comments, looking awfully proud of herself.

"You two can hide in here if you want" we hear the offer come from the McLaren garage as we head back up the pitlane.

Glancing our head over toward the garage, Zak is resting up against the edge of the door, casually munching on an apple.

"Zakky Boy, good to see you" Oxland coos as she skips over in his direction.

"Oxland, I hear you're giving the guards grief again" he mocks, looking at her knowingly.

She shrugs playfully, "You know me, need to keep them on their toes"

Zak throws me a sympathetic look as I retreat into the garage, "Thank you, Mr Brown" I appreciate.

He chuckles whilst shaking his head, "No idea how you two are friends" he teases.