Chapter 10

I've never seen him smile so innocently.

The Kylian I knew would, most of the time, avert his gaze from me, or if our eyes ever met, his expression would always be so stern. That's why here, as he was smiling brightly now, I couldn't take my eyes away from him. Then he spoke again in that sweet voice.

"Anais will wake up soon."

"Are you still saying that?"

"...Lewarren?"

As soon as he heard Lewarren's voice, maybe he understood it right away. Kylian erased his smile. Unknowingly, I looked towards Lewarren who had a serious expression as he pulled the black robe's hood back. He has a familiar grimacing expression, but it seemed that there was a strangely deep anger.

From Lewarren's point of view, it was understandable. Kylian destroyed the temple Lewarren was in and also destroyed other temples, leaving only Lilith and Lewarren alive.

Regardless of what Kylian intended, it was obvious for the victim to feel that it was an insult.

I realized while thinking about Lewarren's plight. That Kylian hates me for a similar reason.

The person he hates the most saved him and died. He couldn't be thankful for that.

Thinking about it that way, my heart started pounding again. Even if I did something out of my own good intentions, it would be nothing but an insult to the person receiving that act.

"What is that hair color?"

"Are you going to talk about hair color in this situation?"

"Since it's such an ugly color, are you intentionally showing it?"

At Kylian's mocking retort, Lewarren glanced at me, then turned his gaze back to Kylian. I looked at Kylian, who was sitting on the floor, sneaking away from Lewarren's gaze. It was clear that Kylian was holding my body.

The hands of the slumped body were full of traces of practicing swordsmanship for a long time, though the back of those hands were beautiful. Calluses were deeply embedded on their palms, and my arms had fine muscles apparent on them. In addition, it was obvious from the clearly visible long scar on my left wrist.

"Let's switch in a while."

"Yeah, please wait."

After agreeing with Lewarren's words, the white snake guy released me, so I stood close to Lewarren. Somehow, Kylian's condition was strange. Although he was hostile to me, I think he was still on friendly terms to Lewarren and Lilith.

It seems that he had no friendly relations with anyone else now.

"Why did you call me?"

As Kylian looked at me, I asked why he was looking for Lilith. Then he slowly lowered my body to the floor, and when I looked closely, my clothes looked exactly like the dresses worn by the women who had been woven together like strung up fish.

With a snapping sound, the white snake guy flicked his hand, and the chandelier around lit up.

"Oh...?"

I couldn't help but be confused. When the light was only dimly lit around the magic circle, it was difficult to see our surroundings, but when the light was turned on completely, there was a horrendous sight that made me unable to open my mouth.

Then I realized that all the women were wearing the same clothes. When the lights were on, there were more women on the floor than before, all wearing the same dress. Even the women here had their eyes half-opened, but they were all convulsing, showing they weren't dead.