Chapter 86

"What?"

"Didn't you hear? The one currently inhabiting your body is the saint of goddess Julias."

Anais froze in shock. She thought she was staring directly at Leviathan, but as Leviathan looked back at Anais, she had bewildered eyes shaking with confusion.

Exactly as he intended—she was deeply hurt.

"Why would Lilith do such a thing?"

"How would I know? Are you questioning it after witnessing what the Emperor is like?"

"That doesn't make sense."

Anais tried to deny it, but in her mind, everything started to fit together like a completed puzzle.

"Do priests have such abilities to see something like that?"

"Occasionally, such powers manifest among high priests."

"But you're not a high priest."

"I may not receive revelations like Phileal, but I received God's eyes."

She thought it was foolish to believe in the words of the priests of death. However, at this moment, it seemed strangely true.

"Can you swear on your power?"

"I swear by Lord Decarve that the soul within your body is Lilith."

"It could be my original personality."

"Sorry, but there's only one soul within that body, and the same goes for you."

Leviathan took a sip of the liquor as if her words were trivial. The taste entering his mouth was bitter compared to the strength she had given him earlier.

"Why did Lilith do such a thing?"

"If you want an answer, you'll have to pay the price. Will you offer your hair?"

Anais opened her mouth as if he was about to cut all her hair.

"No, I'll tell you what you're curious about instead."

"What is this so-called original personality you mentioned?"

"I originally came from a different world."

"So, that's why you pretended to know the future?"

"You go first, Leviathan."

He liked that she wasn't as composed as he had initially thought. She didn't show that she disliked him, unlike Phileal.

"Everyone's energy has its own 'color.' This color is visible not only in the flesh but also in the soul. In your case, it's white. The aura emanating from your body is white, and the color of the mixed soul in between is purple."

Leviathan met Anais's gaze again as he continued speaking.

"Having two different colors means that the body and soul are mismatched."

"Then..."

"The light flowing from your body now is purple. However, the light inside is white, as if the bodies have been swapped."

"...."

"Now it's my turn. What do you mean that you come from another world?"

Anais had more questions to ask him, but she decided to stay rational and gather her thoughts.

"I died in another world. After my death, I became Anais Percival. However, I don't know why that happened."

"As I mentioned, the colors of your physical form and soul are the same. Crossing dimensions alters the flow of time."