Chapter 18

"By the way, how are you feeling, Anais Percival?"

Seeing that smile on Phileal's face made me doubt my ears. I couldn't say anything, like my mouth was glued shut, so I looked at him with my mouth closed, and he smiled even wider.

My heart was beating wildly. It was something that shouldn't have been revealed, and yet it was—and by someone who shouldn't.

Even if no one else knew, the second bishop in the Temple of Death had found out. And he was the key figure among those who made sacrifices to revive my body.

"Don't tell me, I'm right?"

I looked at him, forgetting to breathe, and he walked nearby. I didn't know when he walked to my side. But as he stood forward and cast a shadow, I realized that Phileal was quite tall. Kylian was over 190 cm tall. Phileal's height may not be to that extent, but he felt equally as overbearing.

Maybe it's because of the intimidation he's showing me now and the red eyes that match it.

"How did you know?"

Even though Kylian had broken Lilith's necklace a while ago, thinking of him in this situation relieved my tension. No matter how much he hated me, my bias was still my bias. It may not change that he is the person who gave me hope in my life.

The priest of death is showing loyalty to the emperor, Kylian, so maybe he won't leak this out too? Then, this method may be better than convincing Kylian when I return to my original body. But he may not believe it.

No, maybe Lilith's body, which said something useless and had her soul put to sleep for me, could be in danger.

"With my hunch?"

"How did you get that 'hunch'?"

"The god of death gives me a revelation. Whenever you are in your original body, you react in such a way that stands out more clearly to me."

"You're a quick-witted one."

"If you get it right every day, it gets faster."

His bright red eyes gleamed in joy. When our eyes met, I saw the corners of his eyes curved with a smile, and I felt something strange.

"You... no more childhood stories."

"Why?"

Every time he says something casually, I feel like I need to do something nice. Still, thanks to this, the thought that he might endanger the safety of this body by saying useless words began to dissipate a little. Because he didn't seem like a bad person.

"I don't know."

"Alright."

The light from the chandelier gleamed as if they melted into Phileal's hair. Come to think of it, it seems that death priests usually have dark hair.

"Anyway, so you had a good hunch, things like that. How did you really know?"

"If I tell you, will you give me your hair?"

"Are you a pervert?"

"Hm."

Come to think of it, no matter what kind of provocation I make, I can't win because he wouldn't get angry at all. All in all, the way I win in an argument with someone is to make them angry. Of course, even if I did that, I lost to Lewarren every time.

But even if I insulted Phileal to the point of anger, he would brush it off, so there was nothing I could do about it.

"Why do you need my hair?"

"Your hair is special. This vivid blue is the color that comes to those who died and were resurrected by the power of God."

"You can change it with magic."