Chapter 70

A gentle breeze, falling wisteria petals. His fiance definitely outshined the fresh vegetation with the summer scent. Kylian knew that he and Anais were getting married soon.

The wedding was less than half a year away, so he was very impatient about the fact that she still did not look at him as a man.

Once they'd get married, they would have to work hard for a successor. Kylian hoped that he wanted him wholeheartedly.

He's no longer a child and he hoped her heart would melt. Anais didn't seem to be interested in that at all, and only worked very hard as the Young Duke. She visits his room even less now.

Still, on rainy days, she would come to his room and make sure he was asleep. He could bear with it just by her coming and going.

A single dose of kindness seemed to last him ten days. He loved the way Anais smiled at him. Every little thing she did that made her heart skip a beat.

He was fine with no one else loving him anymore. Anais's kindness to him was enough.

But even so, he could not easily sort out his desire for her. His feelings for her were rather contradictory. He also had a desire that she, too, would treat him like the opposite sex.

Because they will be a couple. When they really become a couple, they would be skin to skin with each other, and they would kiss each other. To fall asleep and wake up in the same bedroom every day. He will be able to breathe the breath she took.

Maybe the day will come when he could tell her that he had harbored this shamelessness in his heart.

"Kylian, this is Lilith."

"Yes."

"Nice to meet you. I am Lilith, the Saintess of Goddess Julias."

"I told you before, right? She is your destined person, Kylian."

Kylian was nervous whenever she talked about his destined one. Because he had believed it to be Anais.

But what was she saying now?

"Anais. Our wedding is half a year away. But you're bringing another woman saying it's my fate?"

"That..."

"Enough."

He ran away from the spot. No, he didn't think he could hold out if he didn't run away.

Kylian quickly returned to his room and closed the door. Leaning against the closed door, he slumped to the floor, probably because his legs gave out.

"Kylian, there's a woman destined to be with you. She's very, very pretty. And she's kind."

"......."

"Later on, you will be very, very happy with your destined woman."

He was saddened because he remembered being excited when she said that to him, his heart beated uncontrollably. To him, his destiny was only Anais. But Anais didn't seem to think so.

He really didn't want to cry. But the misery pierced his chest and ran down his throat, making it difficult to breathe.

Even if she didn't love him, she thought it was normal and okay. But when he faced a situation where she tried to connect him with another woman, he was so distressed that he couldn't breathe.

He curled up into himself. But he didn't feel better.

* * *

"What is this?"

"I made it with Lady Anais."

Kylian was very annoyed with Lilith. Whatever destiny, he wondered if Anais would be able to say that even after the woman in front of him died.