Chapter 8

"Don't tell me you believe that shit, guys?" Jim looked at us.
"Great, now you did it! You destroyed the crystal ball!" Cole pushed Jim to the floor.
"Geez don't fight, it's not gonna change anything now." I calmed Cole.
"The witch did wrote that we still can escape right?" Shirley said in a tone I almost can't hear.
"Come on let's go!" Jim ran down and out the room.

I looked at Bob's body, still can't believe that he's gone. And I was the one that left him alone. Cole noticed and patted my shoulder.

"It's not your fault man." Cole spoke behind me.
"Somehow it is. I'm OK, really." I turned around to face them.
"I'm sure we can give him a nice funeral. That is, if we actually get out of here. I'm not saying I believe that book but.....it is dangerous now and we have to go." Shirley pulled down her headphones, not in the mood for music.
"I'm OK." I said as I stepped out of the attic and out the room.
"Jim?" I called out.
"Argh where is that jerk? He caused us enough problems! " Shirley checked the bedroom.
"Maybe the asshole is waiting for us in the living room." Cole suggested.
"Yeah, probably. Cole, be ready to use the axe. Anything can happen now."
I looked at my watch, 7 p.m. now.

We ran to the living room. Not wanting to waste any more time. We slowed down a bit when we were near. I could have sworn I felt a gust of wind and saw a shadow fled past me.

"Jim, are you there?" I saw the weird plants in the attic just now had been mysteriously placed at the fireplace now. Then I saw Jim sitting at a chair. His back facing me.
"Let's go dude." That's when I felt something wet. I looked at my hand. It was blood. I spotted a pool of blood on the floor.
"Oh no, not you too..." Shirley gasped.

I turned the chair around. Jim's face is full of terror. His eyes widened. Mouth opened. There are six knifes stabbed into his chest. His clothes were torn. His left arm and right leg was also missing chunks of meat.
The Shadow was hungry. Maybe it still is. I noticed claw marks on his neck and bruises on his face. His throat was slit open. Jim is dead.

"Cole, where did we parked the car. Outside or inside the woods?" I turned back to him.
"Just a few metres into the woods." Cole replied while looking everywhere alertly.
"So let's fucking get outta here." I said in a calm tone but all I felt was sheer terror. I can never forget Jim's face.
"And this time, we stick together, no matter what. Do not get separated! "
I told mg two friends.