Chapter 9

We opened the door and ran outside as fast as we could. I could feel something was staring and following us. Come on, thirty minutes is all we need. Our car is not parked that far.

"Is it following us?!" Shirley turned around to look.
"I don't think so." Cole just kept running. He ran in front of us both. He's the fastest among us five. Well, make it three now.
"We've ran for like ten minutes, I suppose we can take a rest, but only for a while." I told them both as I said down on the rough ground.

I wiped my sweat with my shirt. Shirley took off her jacket. Cole doesn't look tired at all.
"Damn I am thirsty!" Shirley complained.
"We will drink once we get out of this mess." I told her.
"Come on! " Cole started running.

We joined Cole. We kept our pace and didn't run with full speed since it will drain our energy quicker. After a minute or two, I noticed twigs are falling down the sky. I heard noises on the trees. I realized that the Shadow decided to strike again. It was really quick. It's running on the trees. Just like a monkey. Agile. Swift.

"No shit! Fuck off demon!" Cole yelled to killer.
"Dan, I'm exhausted. I can't run anymore... " Shirley said weakly.
"Just hold on! " I yelled.

That was when a hand grabbed Shirley's headphones. Then, the other hand carried her up the trees.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh! Fuuuuuuck!" Shirley screamed.
"Oh shit! " I stopped with Cole.
"Where is she?" Cole was horrified.

It's silent everywhere. No noises are heard. No screams.

"SHIRLEY!!! " Cole yelled.
"Wtf... " I stood there hopelessly. Another friend of mine was gone. I shouldn't have took them here.
"Let's run for it! Don't waste time." I jogged sadly.
"How can you be so calm!? Huh bitch! You act like you don't give a shit about Shirley! " Cole slapped me.
"WE ARE BEEN HUNTED! OUR FRIENDS ARE KILLED! I'M TRYING TO THINK CALMLY NOW! YOU THINK I DON'T CARE!? ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE TO KEEP GOING TO HONOUR THEIR DEATHS! SURVIVE! " tears flowed down my cheeks.

Thud!
Something fell down. We looked at it. Shirley's dismembered leg and her headphones full of blood. It was also been eaten at the upper part. Thud!
Ouchhhh! Something hit me! I looked at the ground. Cole gasped as he saw the sight of Shirley's head on the ground. Eyes full of tears and mouth widened. We continue running. I ran in tears as more parts of her body was thrown down to us.