♟Innocent or guilty?♟

A few hours later, after a lot of searching for Light and L, the team of investigators finally found them. They were shocked by what they saw, Light and L lying side by side, dead. The lead investigator, Soichiro Yagami, Light's father, approached the bodies, tears streaming down his face.

     He had lost his son, but he had also lost his friend. Soichiro had always known that L was a challenging person to get along with, but he had also respected him as a fellow detective. Soichiro was heartbroken that he had lost both of them.

     As the investigators were taking away the bodies, Soichiro noticed something strange. L had left a note, he picked it up and studied the writing.

     The note read, "Dear all investigators working on the Kira case, with my dying breath, I have confirmed that Light is in fact, not Kira. I'm sorry I ever doubted him and I'm sorry I dragged you into my obsession."

     Soichiro was taken aback. He had never imagined that L would accept the fact that Light was innocent after being so confident and determined to prove it was him. He wondered if it was possible that they could have become partners, maybe even the best detective in the world if they had both survived. He felt an ache of regret that he had not done more to prove to L that Light was the wrong person to be investigating and should've been working beside Light, instead of against.

     In the weeks that followed, Soichiro couldn't shake off the feeling that something was not right. He had always known that Light was talented and smart, after all he was the top of his school, but he had never thought that Light could have been Kira. He had always seen him as his son, a brilliant young man with a bright future ahead of him. He wondered what L saw in Light that made him think that, and why he changed his mind.

     Soichiro started to investigate the case himself, trying to make sense of everything that had happened. He went through all the evidence, trying to find something that he had missed before. He found nothing.

     Tired and hungry, he decided to take a trip over to the building where they were holding the bodies of Light, and L. Soichiro was determined to find anything he could have missed before.

     Although it was late when he arrived, there were still many police, investigators, and interviewers. Soichiro quickly turned his body toward the police, showing them his badge as identification. "I want to see all the information you had on Light Yagami and L."

     It was very dark inside the building. Negative energy covering floated through the halls and it reeked of chemicals. Soichiro turned down a corner and walked down another long hallway before walking into a room. Light and L both lay there, about 10 feet apart both covered in a white sheet. A Nurse walked in and handed Soichiro a box. 

     "These are some of the items Light had on him when he died, I thought you should have them." The Nurse said, "I'm very sorry for your loss"

"Thank you, I appreciate it," replied Soichiro, carefully accepting the box.

     "Also," said the Nurse, "He has a notebook on him, it didn't fit in the box, so I kept it in my purse," she said while reaching into her bag.

     Soichiro held his breath, everything that happened during the investigation flashed before his eyes. Light graduation, the first death from Kira, his comrades and friends leaving, so many leads chased, so many dead ends. "If this notebook was the death note then Light is... No, it couldn't possibly be!"

"Here you go!" the Nurse said with a smile, handing Soirchiro a... red notebook.

     Soirchiro frantically flipped through the book. A grocery list... Some doodles... math equations... and a few reminders for school! He let out a big sigh of relief. He should've never doubted Light, his own son. Light could have never been Kira, he always had pure intentions and just wanted to help out L.

     In the end, Soichiro realized that it would be a long time before Kira was finally caught and that the death note was still out there in the world. What was done was done, and there was nothing he could do to change it. But he also realized that there was a lesson to be learned from what had happened. He realized that sometimes, even the most brilliant minds such as L could be led astray, and that obsession could be a dangerous thing. They could've focused their attention on finding Kira, instead of proving Light guilty. 

       Light's life is no more, his soul is now somewhere that is worse than hell and heaven, somewhere he no longer exists. Possibly the Shinigami realm, or possibly help prisoner by the book, but wherever he goes, his soul will never be forgiven. Even his dying words were a nice, harm warming lie. Even after his death, his lies still remain in the hearts of "friends" and family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Now, whoever is reading this has a choice. Either I stop this story here and conclude the ending, or I could continue. Maybe talk about Misa and how desperate she is to still earn Lights love even after his passing, or maybe what happens to Light soul to move on. Does he become a Shinigami? A Shinigami king? or maybe he is reborn, as L's brother? This is up to you, leave a review and tell me what you think. Your opinion is very important to me, and I would love to hear any feedback you have.