Ch 1. Episode One: Yung Ones

It was almost a decade since I've seen a childhood friend. Leaving district 8, I moved away to pursue my career in cultivation with my dad when I was just fifteen. I missed seeing Slinky grow up alongside me, as well as my other friends who stayed at the academy. I hardly remember their actual names, just the ones they always used. I remember being so rowdy, stirring up trouble with the dean and all my professors. Part of me wish I could apologize for all the hell, though it was better than being at home; stuck under whatever dirtbag my mother would date at the time. Seeing her smile again was rather nice, as well as her making new friends. I reminisce the days I'd have a swollen bruise on my face, standing by you as you patched me up.

Three friends could be seen above on top of a balcony in a well-lit suite near the beach, chatting away as the soft breeze washed along the warm moist air. It was late evening, and the Yungtown resort was vibrant and eccentric. Passerby and enthusiasts littered the sands below, carefree as a concert had been playing music at a local venue. "Seems like we're on thin ice for no reason again, as usual." one of the friends on the balcony had said annoyed, his black brows furrowed into the distance. This was Simon, a man from the finer things of Texas. Coming to Rozelle, he signed into YungTown as one of the most proficient engineers to date. His dark black hair and almond brown skin complimented his calm and collected demeanor, offering a charm that he himself doesn't witness most times.

"Well we can still stir up the bees nest. Wouldn't hurt to try amigo." another friend chimed in, carrying a devilish smirk as she looked down into the swarms of people crowding the venue stage far in the distance. This was Churrita, a woman close to Slinky from the Academy. Her soft voice and iridescent eyes hid her rather zesty nature, accompanied by her quick wit and snarky attitude. Churrita had long light pink hair and marbled tan skin. She loves to wear pink, as is her standard for her fashion brand located at a small vendor in YungTown. 

And lastly, Wayne's childhood friend and lead of her own ragtag trio, was Slinky. Slinky traveled into the U.S. from Mexico by her parents, growing a bond with Wayne's antics while she studied a major in psychology. Slinky wears her dark brown hair in a ponytail, sharing a sophisticated look with her thick rimmed glasses and Chic style of fashion. Among the three, she works exclusively as a manager for the park area in YungTown; keeping her two friends out of antics when necessary as a level-headed person. However, Slinky sat in silence as she eyed over her friends. Tension filled the air until Slinky took a small breath, gaining the attention of the two as they looked over to her. "Alright, tomorrow we look into whats been going on. It will cost me if we're found out." she said out loud.

The three nod to each other in unison and head back inside, fireworks blooming in the night sky. 

Somewhere along the coast, Wayne stood along the chilled waterside of the ocean enveloped by the cool embrace of the wind and the soft crash of waves seemingly echoing ever closer as they danced. Thoughts of home came into question, the suffering endured by many failures and opportunities wasted, or at least he thought. He set his head high, wishing for answers to the many questions that lie in his head, hoping for an answer within divine intervention or otherwise. Standing there alone, he felt pretty stupid for coming all this way to the beach at this hour in the dark to find solace. Wayne makes his way home, preparing his shower and after a hot bath he lie there in bed. Putting on some relaxing music, he set up his headphones and drifted away. Images of imaginary dancers clouded his mind, their elegant movements prancing about to the song's melody. Drifting off to sleep from the comfort of the bed, Wayne lost track of time. Opening his eyes, he found himself in a vibrant lit labyrinth, ancient debris and moss littered it's passageways. Down the hallway, he could see a bright opening within it's opened door. Suddenly, blackness shrouded the area consuming him in dark. Voices muttered around him, he could hardly tell what was being said in the darkness, his mind emptying slowly to the murmurs of the void. Suddenly, one voice rang to him.

"Who are you?" it would say, her voice sweet in it's tone. Wayne appeared iridescent in the darkness, taking form as he glowed up in the vast dark wasteland. "I'm...Wayne." he responded solemnly to the voice, holding his head as if he had forgot something.

"No, in this journey you are..." the voice said before fading. Wayne tried to reach out but the black shroud returned, consuming him.

Later that night...

"I'm telling you it was those mischievous kids from the Greenwood park section!" an elderly man shouted out to the individual in front of him. Looking up to the man, his face was caught within a shadow, hidden in plain sight. He wore a black suit, indistinguishable from the company he held behind him, who only wore blue company uniforms just like the old man in front of him. He stopped the old man in his speech by raising a finger. "Maxwell, I don't want to hear any bickering, I've given you protocol to give me evidence and false accusations will not do. Be it any action necessary, even bring me the cohorts that trashed the concert tonight." he would say as the two looked over at the stage above them. A large hole had been punctured through the foreground wall, and pigeon poop smothered all over the stage. "It's apparent someone fed laxatives to the local wildlife, contact the park crew, we need to clean up." The shady man had said deviously as he removed a handkerchief from his coat pocket, disgusted by the sight.