vii.

dolly was sat at her vanity brushing though her wild brunette hair, ripping and tugging through the knots that had accumulated as she slept. her thoughts drifted to ares, and her heart started pounding. he was so perfect. almost too perfect, which made her a little suspicious. she had noticed his pale, cold, skin, and his amber eyes that changed shades as the days went on. she noticed that all the cullens had similar features, and yet only two of them were apparently biologically related. of course she was curious as to why this could be, but she didn't want to invade the family's privacy, and so she left it alone in hopes that ares would tell her eventually.

she slipped out of her ratty pyjamas and slid on a blue off the shoulder sweater and an ankle-length patterned skirt as well as some shin length high heeled brown boots. she threw on some gold jewellery and tied a white bow in her hair, ready for her dreaded day of school.

it had been a week since she had started at forks high and she hated every moment of it unless she was with ares, which was most of the time. she had dealt with a full week of bella complaining and badgering her about the return of ares' adopted brother, edward. dolly had no idea about edward, she hadn't gotten along with him or alice initially, and so she avoided them all together, why bother getting to know someone who was hostile before even meeting you?

she had heard a honk from her opened window and flew down the stairs, kissing charlie on her way down, "hi dad! bye dad!"

"uhh, yeah." he just waved at her as he read his newspaper at the kitchen table.

"hey baby," ares said, leant against his car as he reached for dolly's hips, pulling her in for a kiss. she looped her arms around his neck, hoping to sweeten the kiss but ares pulled away.

"hi." he smiled.

"hi." she giggled.

"c'mon sweetheart, hell awaits us." he opened the door for her and she climbed in, giggling as he lightly patted her on her ass.

ares broke the comfortable silence, "my brother is back."

dolly rolled her eyes, "great, now all i'm gonna hear about when i get home tonight is ooh how pretty edward is or wow edward's hair just radiates in the sunlight. i'm sick of his fucking name , i swear my lunatic sister is obsessed, it's disgusting."

"i mean, if you really wanted you could come over and stay at mine for the night? i mean, only if you really want to you, don't have to if you don't want, i-" ares rambled. dolly just grabbed his hand from the centre console of the car and leaned over to kiss his cold cheek, "i'd love to. i need to meet your parents at some point. i mean, you already met my dad, kinda."

ares turned to her with a serious look in his eye, "while you're with me tonight i need to talk to you about something really important, okay. and i need you to keep an open mind, can you do that for me, love?"

maybe tonight was dolly's chance to find out what was different with ares' family. "of course baby, nothing you could tell me could ever make me change my mind about you, i fucking mean that."

as soon as ares came to a red light he unbuckled his belt and reached over, grabbing dolly's face and slamming his lips to hers. she kissed him just as passionately, moaning slightly, giving ares the chance to slip his tongue into her mouth, deepening the kiss. their tongue tumbled and tangled together for several seconds before dolly had to take a moment to breathe. as she broke the kiss, ares moved lower, kissing and tonguing along her jaw, slowly moving further downward towards her neck.

a honk startled them out of their passion as they both realised the light had turned green. they both giggled, having been broken out of their little world and thrown back into the real one, buckling his seatbelt again, ares got the car rolling again. dolly just grabbed onto his hand again, moving it over to her lap where she could freely fiddle with his long fingers. her heart was throbbing and her stomach was filled with butterflies.