Chapter 4

November 2022 

In a year, you found yourself studying in a little trade job. Higher education wasn’t really in your sight for the future and you felt joy working with your hands. 

After a long day at work, you found yourself cooking. And by cooking, you were just heating a microwave dinner. Pulling the small box out of the microwave, you placed it down on your kitchen table. Grabbing your utensils, you began to move your food around till you heard your phone ring. 

A groan left your mouth as you were already getting ready to eat. Pulling your phone out, you saw it was a number you didn’t talk to often. 

“Oh hello Mrs. Huh. How are you?” 

“I’m well Porter. How are you?” 

“I’m ok. Was getting dinner ready.” 

“Oh I’m sorry to bother but I want to talk to you about something.” 

“Oh sure. What’s up?” 

“Have you had a chance to talk to Jen today?” 

“No, not yet. I haven’t spoken to her in 2 days but we speak when she can. She says her training is getting harder so I don’t want to bother.” 

“I see. Well, Jennifer has been stressed lately and I was thinking about giving her a gift to make her happy.” 

“Oh, that’s a great idea. Did you want me to pitch in?” 

“No. I want you to be the present. I think it’s time for the two of you to meet.” 

Your eyes shot open at those words. Was she serious?

“W-Wait really?” 

“Yes. Me and Mr. Huh think it’s time for the two of you to meet. She needs her best friend I feel and it’s best to get an actual hug from you in person. We will cover all the costs and such. You just need to be there in time to be her Christmas gift.” 

It was your dream to meet Jennifer in person but should you do it? 

Your heart took over somehow as the word “absolutely” left your mouth. 

“Perfect. So the plan is that I will tell Jen that a package from me is at the post office. She always lets me know when she’s gonna go get it so you will wait for her there. She will hold a medium size red box with snowmen all over it. When you see her, you can go and surprise her!” 

A little bit of a weird plan but you were down for it. 

“Ok. Let’s do this then.” 

December 22nd, 2022 

Sitting in a restaurant, you found yourself just going over things. You had a month to plan your visit so you decided to see what else you could do in South Korea during your trip. 

Conveniently enough. On the 24th, there was gonna be a special fan sign meeting for your new favorite group. Lesserafim quickly took the place as your favorite 4th gen K-pop group. Each member had qualities you loved so you were excited to meet every single one of them but one specific girl always caught your attention. Yunjin was such a chill and cool person that she seemed like the type of person you could talk to for hours. 

Heck, it felt like you almost knew her. Her voice even seemed familiar. Probably just your imagination. Either way, you were excited to get to meet the idols who made you smile. 

Taking a final bite of your chicken, you raised your hand and asked for the check. A woman quickly ran over with it and put it on your table. Seeing the total was 30,000 won, you placed three 10,000 won bills on the table and walked outside.