Chapter Two

It was just a normal day. We were hanging around Torland woods, collecting flowers for daisy chains. Petals were scattered around the area; the flowers had fallen from the basket. We fell to the ground in laughter clutching our stomachs.

I sat myself up, so I was facing Eryn, still giggling from his messy hair.

"Shut up! My hair does NOT look like a mushroom-" He stopped. He looked above my head and the toothy grin he had faded away slowly.

"Eryn? What's the matter?" I asked while tapping my fingers anxiously. He didn't say a word, he just gulped and looked behind me. "Is it an ogre...?"

"Nadine."

I turned my head slowly to see dark green court shoes. I lowered my head down so I didn't have to face the creature.

"Hello, Mother."

"Face me, child." She spat at me. I looked up at her green eyes. She grabbed my cheek and inspected my face for any mess. I gulped as she scowled at me. "Come along, Nadine. You're going to the Boarding house we've been talking about." She said while throwing my face away from her.

"What?! But mum- "

"Mother."

"Mother, you said we wouldn't go unless Dad was okay with it, and he said no yesterday!" I said, tears welling in my eyes.

"Well, your FATHER changed his mind. Now come on. You have to get out of this atrocious attire- is that dirt on your dress, Nadine? Disgraceful child..." My mother sneered as she turned to walk away, but I stood in my place. I clenched my fist and stamped my foot into the grass.

"Nadine, what are you doing...?" Eryn questioned. My mother whipped her head around.

"Nadine, we are leaving right now." My mother bitterly spoke.

"No." I whispered while clenching my fists. "I'm not going." My mother walked towards me, making me flinch, but I remained still.

"We are leaving, Nadine."

"I said I'M NOT GOING TO YOUR STUPID BOARDING HOUSE," I said with an angry tone while my knuckles turned white.

"Nadine. I have tried to do this the easy way, but since you won't comply, I will just have to"

"NO!!" I felt a sharp sting on my cheek, and I lost my balance. I hit the ground with a thud and brought my shaky hand to my face. Eryn gasped and smacked a hand to his mouth

"DO NOT SPEAK TO YOUR MOTHER LIKE THAT YOUNG LADY. YOU ARE GOING TO SAINT CHATBIENS WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!" My mother screamed at me. She snapped her fingers, and two royal guards came from behind her. "Take her back home for me."

The guards grabbed my shoulders and tried to pull me away from Eryn, but I tried to pry their arms off of me.

"ERYN!!" I screamed whilst being pulled back from the guards.

"NADINE!" Eryn yells while pulling me towards him. "PLEASE- DON'T LEAVE ME!" He cried. Tears spilled from my face and Eryn was screaming at the guards to let me go. Soon enough the guards take me away despite my desperate attempts to run away.

"ERYN!! NO- PLEASE!!" I screeched while being dragged away to hell.

"NADINE- COME BACK!! PLEASE..." Eryn fell to his knees and sobbed loudly.

"ERYN!!"

_____

EWWWWW IM LOOKING BACK ON THIS RN AND LIKE

WHY DID I WRITE THIS BROO

DONT EVEN LOOK AT THIS CHAPTER AGAIN

-isla :p