CHAPTER 8

Klaus smirked when he stepped outside the compound seeing the black coloured large bus with dark tinted windows and leant down to graze Hayley's ear with his lips, "My siblings have been watching too many superhero movies," She smirked and chuckled looking back at the sleek bus and going to the door and walking the few steps up to be inside the bus, seeing the digital equipment and screens on one side of the bus and then on the other side shelves of a more ancient world, herbs, bones, salt, crystals, maps, glass bottles of ash and blood, a map spread on a table with what she assumed was her and Klaus' blood and the blood spread on the city of Detroit, locating Hope.

"I just want Hope in my arms, and home with us, they are superheroes for finding her," She smiled as he looked around the bus, this being the witches compound centre as they made their journey, Finn would drive them, Kol and Davina accompanying the family witches inside the bus, Elijah and Rebekah he and Hayley travelling behind them in a convoy as they travelled to get their daughter.

"This cannot be the place," Hayley stated looking at Klaus seeing the Mikaelson witch bus stop in front of them, Elijah and Rebekah to the rear of their car, after travelling from New Orleans and being on the road for two days to arrive here at this crushed demolished factory. He looked at her undoing his seatbelt and nodded, getting out of the car, Hayley followed him and walked to Rebekah and Elijah who at joined them at the back of the bus.

"It is too easy and I cannot smell anyone in that building," Klaus remarked to Elijah.

"Nor is there a sound or movement, let us consult the family witches." Elijah commented, walking briskly to the door of the bus looking around the desolate industrial area, as he opened the door and disappeared inside, Rebekah behind him, Klaus looked at Hayley's tight set face her eyes darting around them and he took her hand, she looked at him with troubled eyes.

"The black robe coven will not make this easy, I know your family witches are strong but there are many in this coven."

"I know little wolf we will not be defeated let me assure you," He told her, "And we will not give up," She nodded trusting him and followed him into the bus.

"We need to go into the building," Dahlia was saying as they walked in, "There is magic here, Hope's blood is here."

"This is ancient power, do you recall the power we felt in Rome in the 12th Century around the Leptis Magna and then again in Prague at the Baba Ruins in the 15th Century," Freya looked at her Son, Aunt and cousin, they nodded to her, "This is the same."

Sorgen frowned with concentration, "We heard whisperings around those times of the Grimalkin..."

"No surely not, we have always disregarded the notion as a myth," Devin shook her head looking at her Mother...

"What is the Grimalkin?" Elijah asked, Klaus was losing his patience, Kol seeing Nik about to explode looked at him.

"Nik we are dealing with a coven of powerful witches we can't just go in half cocked," Klaus stared back at him a snarl on his lips, "I know you don't do patience and waiting but we need to with this coven let us hear what our family witches have to say, what we might be up against."