Chapter 3: Love

It was finally Monday, Jake was beaming with excitement, he was fully ready to tell the club about his and Hailey's relationship, on the other hand, Hailey wasn't as excited, she knew that even though Zander might be happy for her, he'd threaten Jake if he did the slightest wrong thing.

However, things didn't go as planned, as soon as Jake said they were dating, Milly's first question was "Weren't you two dating already?", which lead to the whole club nodding as both singers stood there, staring at each other as the rest started talking about how many clues they had given about them dating.

"Hailey wears your favourite scarf whenever we practice, and right now, she's also wearing it" Sean pointed out

"I don't have enough fingers to count how many times Jake has called you princess this week while cheering for you in PE class" Luke sighed

"Elliot said he saw Jake at his father's flower shop, he said that Jake bought Hailey a big bouquet of red, pink and white carnations" Milly laughed, Jake's face was red

"You really think that's the only thing he has got her? After their little aquarium date, Hailey came back home with a huge shark plush and a tiny jellyfish one, judging from the shark plush, they even went to Ikea without us" Zander rolled his eyes, Ikea trips with the club were the best thing to do, even if they went there just to get one single stuffed toy for the clubroom, they already had a panda named Jake Jr.

Both Hailey and Jake stayed quiet, their faces were just as red as the red carnations Jake had bought her, they stared at each other, trying to figure out what to say.

Practice was more tiring than usual, none of their bandmates would shut up about them dating.

>><<

"So let me get this straight, you need both me and Jake to help you with the new puppies that arrived in the shelter?" Hailey asked, tilting her head to the side, as she watched the white haired girl giggle nervously "Well, if I'm not wrong Jake once mentioned he loved dogs, and I'm sure you'd want to come as well, it'll be fun, and I'll be there with Stacy!"

She smiled, watching Jake's face lit up with excitement at the word dogs, after all, they were his favourite animals thanks to Oreo, who always kept him company since he was a kid. "We'll go!" Jake proudly said, he didn't realize how badly his cheeks were hurting from smiling for so long, "I've never seen him so excited about dogs" Hailey sighed with a smile as the blond teen said bye to Daisy, who waved at both of them.

"I'm so excited!" Jake raising his hands up with a smile.

>><<

"They're so adorable!" Jake cooed as he started petting and hugging every single one of the four husky puppies. "They're mini versions of Oreo!" It was so hard to stop looking at him, he looked so happy around them, and they seemed to like him too. "Oreo?" Daisy asked, "Jake's huge fluffy husky" The teal haired singer responded as she showed her a photo of him and his dog, to be more exact, Jake chasing Oreo who was about to ruin his signature jacket. Daisy laughed as Hailey explained what happened, Jake still not paying attention.

"You two have fun, I'm sure Stacy isn't having much fun dealing with those feisty kittens that arrived yesterday..." She shook her head as she remembered how badly they had scratched the shelter workers. "See you later!" The other girl smiled, turning her attention back on Jake, who wouldn't take his eyes off the puppies, Hailey, on the other hand, couldn't take her eyes off him.

"You really love dogs, don't you?" She smiled, caressing his cheek as he lean on her hand. "I do, specially this little fella over here" He said, grabbing a white puppy that kept laying with her stomach up, waiting for Jake to scratch her stomach for the 100th time, instead, he grabbed her and showed her to Hailey, signalling her to hold the small ball of fur.