UPDATE

Hey, y'all.

I'm rewriting this story.

(And deleting the Discord server due to Issues on my end.)

I'm so very tired right now and that's affecting my wording but just know for every person who commented and stayed with this absolute mess of a story I'm hoping you find random money at the bottom of your purses or bags one day. I don't expect everyone to stick with the newer story because I know a few of you are annoyed with this sudden shift, especially after I just said last note that I wasn't going to rewrite the story, but ended up doing just that because of the plot holes I started but am not smart enough to sew up correctly.

I know I haven't been responding but I've read your lovely comments and compiled every bit of precious feedback and compliments . . . they all made my heart full guys like you simply do not understand. 

And when I started this I did not think I would get so many hits and kudos (and comments, oh my). To be honest, it was just going to be a short story of around 40 chapters, a little over 100k words with comedy and a sprinkle of angst as a little treat. But. Well. That obviously isn't happening. It's kinda funny, looking back at it. Wish I could tell my younger self just how much my writing grew through this story, and how much I want to write better simply to convey this story better.

And I feel like that's what happened. I started improving and wanting better for this, and eventually, I wanted better until I realized I could no longer keep up with this specific plot knowing I could do better. So I rewrote the plot and.

Well.

It's so much better. Kinda sweeps the cobwebs from my head and allows me to start anew. So yeah. I'm rewriting this absolute beast.

And then I started a Discord server and at first thought it was my account, but realized that yeah, something happened along the way and I can't interact with y'all a whole bunch for whatever reason. I feel pretty bad telling y'all here, but I'm gonna delete the server and do some weird troubleshooting until I figure something out. When I do I think I'll just give my user or something if you have questions or want to shoot theories or whatever.

I can either delete this version of CC completely or re-upload it through Sugar High, the choice is yours. Just comment with a vote and I'll count and do that. But I'm keeping this up here until I shine the final buffers on the first chapter of the newer version (a week probably) and upload that. 

So. Yeah.

I know I said I read comments but I'll go back and start answering them because I wasn't doing that because I was busy with building the newer version and it was taking a minute, but I'm happy it took a while because this version is even more detail orientated than the last, but so much fun to create and world build, just the tiniest bit. I'm not done completely but I have enough solid ground to post a few chapters until I'm mostly done. 

But in the meantime, here's a list of things to look forward to in the newer version of CC:

 + Kusuo and Mikoto as childhood friends

 + More Nighteye!

 + Yuuta playing . . . a solid role in the plot

 + Cookies and candies and cakes and other sugary confectionaries

 + The duality of humanity, and everything in between

 + A shocking number of scientific theories

 + An even more shocking number of philosophical conversations

 + The frustrating inability to tell right from wrong

 + The even more frustrating inability to tell wrong from right

 + Nendo's false boobs >:)

 + The strange relationship between Teruhashi, colors, and the meaning of what it means to be a perfect angel

 + The media! So much media!

 + Shinsou in a friend group

 + Sign language!

 + The inhumane action of numbering people off like cattle

 + The unfortunate realization that while the definition of humanity may stretch, it won't bend for specific people

 + Dancing around the spotlight

 + Kusuke and I-Island. I wonder what could happen there . . .

 + All Might as a flawed being

 + Kusuo and Mikoto also as flawed beings

 + Bakugo's beginner guide of emotional intelligence for dummies

 + Ghost boy ghost boy ghost boy!

 + Kirishima . . . also playing a solid role in the plot

 + Criminals can redeem themselves. Monsters and villains, on the other hand . . . 

 + The misguided belief of what a monster really is, and their difference from villains

But it's funny in some areas, guys, I promise! Gotta balance the flavors out and everything.