chapter 13: improvements and damages

At the warehouse, the group where Nora was telling the story of the battle with Ren, Majima, and Kaito during the battle was in an excited tone.

"There we were running to the street, until we saw Kaito was nearly about to collapse from the grimm, but we came in time and saved him," she said.

"He wasn't going to collapse, he went to save the people in the van," Ren corrected.

"Yeah, those creatures nearly had my ass," Kaito added with a smirk. Ichiban listened intently, captivated by the thrilling account of their battle against the relentless creatures.

"Then I came in and gave one of them a good stab," Majima said, sharpening his dagger.

"Then that Beringal came after the van and threw it at us, and Majima hit it in the head with a bat," Nora said.

"Yeah, how the hell did you do that?" Kaito asked.

"Watch a lot of zombie movies," Majima said as he twirled his dagger skillfully in his hand. "You pick up a few tricks here and there," he added with a smirk.

Ichiban was captivated by their heroic tales, his eyes wide with awe.

"That's awesome," he said, leaning out of his chair. "I wish I saw that, I'd be cheering and clapping like crazy!"

"Hehehe, not bad on your end, killing a monster that was a walking bomb and coming out unscratched, well, I did do that once back in my company," Majima said.

Ichiban's jaw dropped in amazement. "No way! You actually stopped a bomb? That's insane!" he exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement. Majima chuckled, a glimmer of pride in his eyes.

"Yeah, you told me in person," Kiryu said.

Ichiban turned to Kiryu, his eyes wide with curiosity. "You've heard this story too? Is it true?" he asked, eager to hear more about Kiryu's legendary feats. Kiryu nodded solemnly, a hint of nostalgia in his voice as he replied, "It's true. Majima may be eccentric, but he's not one to exaggerate."

"Fucking hell, now that I think about it, it's no wonder Majima is known as the Mad Dog of Shimano," Ichiban said, admiration evident in his voice. Kiryu nodded in agreement, a small smile playing on his lips. "Yeah, he definitely lives up to that title," Kiryu replied, memories of their intense battles flooding his mind.

Meanwhile, Yagami was sitting next to Ruby, who was resting on a stretcher.

He was sitting silently beside her, his concern evident in his eyes as he watched her rest on the stretcher. He couldn't help but wonder what had led to her current condition, hoping that she would recover soon but feeling happy that her ability saved him from an arrow.

Then he remembered what the faunus said a few days ago about Ruby having silver eyes.

Yagami's curiosity about Ruby's silver eyes grew, wondering if they were somehow connected to her ability to save him. He couldn't shake off the feeling, that's when Yang and Sugiura entered the room.

"Yagami, are you alright?" Sugiura said.

Yagami nodded, still lost in his thoughts about Ruby's silver eyes. He replied, "I'm fine, just a bit distracted. Have you guys ever heard of someone with silver eyes before?"

"Oh, Ruby has a rare ability, she can use her silver eyes to freeze Grimm and protect herself and others," Yang explained.

Yagami's curiosity peaked even more, and he said, "Just like what happened at the battle."

Yang nodded with a knowing smile on her face. "Exactly. Ruby's silver eyes are a powerful weapon against the Grimm. It's a rare and inherited trait that only a few individuals possess."