[LOGAN]

Logan's Point of View

Growing up, I was so happy and content with my life. I know my parents are proud of what I've become and what I do now. They've always wanted me to do things I can to help.

"Thank you so much, son. You've saved me again." An old lady smiled at me as I handed her her cat that was caught up from a high tree.

"Always a pleasure to help Mrs. Enrique." I softly chuckled and gathered my team to go. Yes, saving a cat needs a team.

I work as a fireman in a small city where I grew up in, and saving a cat from a tree is part of my job. Helping others has always made me so happy. The way their eyes light up when you save the day, and how they thank me with a smile always cheered me.

Working the job I do, a lot of people are thankful for firemen like me, but some people are not. Just like my foster father Roger, he was never a fan of me being a fireman unlike my foster mom Michaela, at least during the days before she died.

"Do you think you'll ever meet someone who would want to marry you?" My father insisted, making me feel like trash, just because he is one.

"I don't know, and I don't care." I grunted, and walked away.

I don't know why he has to say that everytime I get home from work. He wasn't like this before when Michaela was alive, he was cheerful, and hopeful. Now, it's like he died along with her. I know thinking about him dying instead of mom is wrong, but I had wished for that, or that at least mom didn't die because it was really different before.

I walked to Irene's house and knocked, she opened the door for me and invited me in. Irene has been a friend of mine ever since my mom died, not just a friend, we're actually fuck buddies. This situation happened the first time when she was physically abused by her step-father and she ran away. Luckily her real dad left her a fortune before dying, so she's got money to have her own place and have her own life.

"I know why you're here, so let's just get on with it." She accused me as if we never talked casually.

"I'm not here for that." I replied, with a hint of disappointment in my tone. I didn't expect her to see me that way. "I'm here to talk to a friend but I guess that isn't possible now. I'll just leave." I didn't bother to wait for her to say anything and walked out of her house.

I decided to stroll around the barangay, to ease the anger I'm feeling right now. Walking past houses, dark alleys and quite crowded streets as the wind blows through me relaxes me. Lately, the only thing that calms me down is either sex or walking at night. I am not sure why, but I love it when it's dark and the only light I see is from the stars and moon.

I walked further more, and noticed myself in front of Juno Lucina Orphanage. I know it is late, but I know why my feet dragged me here. This has been my safe haven since my biological parents died.