They Both Died That Game

Kai's breath hitched again at the memories, he deeply missed his dear friend, and he felt bad about it, he just wanted to see him again, apologize for being so weak, he was so desperate for Cole's loving care, he wanted to hug and cry for him, he felt so selfish for it.

"You can go Arin, thanks for your help," Kai said with a small smile.

And Arin nodded, smiling bright.

"Glad I could be of service!" Arin grinned as he walked out of the room, and Kai sighed.

-

Kai froze as he looked down to see Cole being attacked by the robots on the cliff, his rope was beginning to snap, then without hesitation, he leaped off the cliff's wall, sword drawn.

"Kai!" Lloyd called after him.

And Kai stabbed the robot right through the center of the head, and he saw Cole leap to the rope that wasn't currently breaking, grabbed the end of it, and pulling himself up safely.

After the Fight

Kai let out a strained breath, he couldn't have a panic attack again, not now, Cole is fine, he didn't fall again, he was here with him.

Cole must've noticed his discomfort since he walked up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" Cole asked as he turned the Fire Ninja around, taking his hands in his own.

"Yeah, just lost in thought," Kai whispered as he tried to relieve himself, turning his head away.

"Look at me, Kai, what's wrong?"

Kai shook his head as he refused to look at him.

Cole took his head, forcing him to face him.

"Kai, what is wrong?" Cole said firmly.

"Th-The fall..." Kai choked out with a small sob.

Cole's face filled with realization, then sympathy.

"Kai, because of you, I'm right here, see? You risked your life for me, you always have," Cole said as he took his hands again, rubbing his palms comfortingly.

Kai shook his head.

"Kai, it's okay, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere, I promise," Cole whispered.

"You don't know that! I could die, I can't protect you if I'm dead! Or you could die, and it'd be my fault-"

Kai cut off with a sob and Cole smiled at him.

"It's okay Kai, if we have too do something that could save the mission, then, we could die together, okay?" Cole asked, and Kai considered it.

"Okay, but you have to promise me that we die together!" Kai growled, and Cole chuckled.

"I know that they can do this, with or without us, okay?"

Kai nodded in agreement, and the two hugged.

At the Speedway Five Billion

"If I could just this guy off my tail!" Jay pleaded, Kai looked up at Cole, that look said it all, and the silent decision was made, and the Earth Elemental nodded to Kai with determination.

"Good luck Jay," was all he said, before in a blurr of action, and a yell from Cole, then there was an explosion, and there wasn't going to be any survivors, but now Jay could win the race.

Kai had felt frozen after that, he died in the game, he was turned into a cube.

"Not today," that's what Cole had said, his last line, they both had so much hope that Jay, Nya, and Lloyd would be able to win this battle and save the world again, but they'd done it without the help of Kai or Cole.

After Prime Empire

Kai completely collapsed onto a bed, honestly, he didn't know whom it belongs to, he entered the first room he saw because he didn't think he had the mental capacity to care or the physical capability to get to his room.

He heard a chuckle, and Kai just groaned with exhaustion.

"You're sleeping here tonight I'm guessing?"

"Mmmmmm..."

Whomever was in the room sat on the bed next to him and warm hands lifted him to the top of the bed and set his head on a pillow.

"Kai, you want any food?"

"MMmmmmmmm," Kai groaned again, he just wanted sleep, sure he was a cube for who knows how long, but still, it's tiring to be powering a portal, okay?

Cole chuckled again as he rolled Kai over and rested his head in Cole's lap, covering his body with a blanket.

Kai grinned with droopy eyes as he looked into Cole's forest green eyes.

"Yeeer eyes are so purrty!" Kai laughed.

Cole's face had flushed.

"Kai? Are you okay?"

Kai then passed out with exhaustion, and a sloppy smile, leaving a very confused Cole to simply smile and pull Kai closer to him.

Kai wakes up

Kai blinks and opens his amber eyes to a dark room, he felt Cole's chest rise and fall against his head, he could hear Cole's steady heartbeat, and Kai really took comfort in it.

Kai took Cole's hand and interlocked their fingers together, and he felt Cole squeeze his hand.

"Hey Firecracker," Cole whispered, and Kai smiled softly.

"Hey Boulder Brain," Kai responded slyly.

Cole grinned smugly.

"Why you little, I guess that calls for a tickle attack."

Cole suddenly began to tickle Kai in all his sensitive spots, while the Fire Elememtal laughed, and even began crying with laughter.

"C-Cole! St-Stop it!" Kai giggled as he tired to pull himself away from the attack on his stomach.

"Take it back Kai."

Kai continuted to laugh as he smiled smuggly, "Never!"

Cole began to tickle harder, and Kai wheezed, still laughing to the point of tears.

Cole wrapped his arms around his gut and pulled him back, laughing to as he and Kai fell off the bed with a thump.

"Feeling better?" Cole asked as Kai finished the last of his giggles.

Then Kai was confused, "What do you mean?"

"It's just that we both died, and I know how scared you were to loose me," Cole explained as he sat up with Kai and brushed the hair out of Kai's face.

"I'm fine Cole, just, let's not have another adventured for a while..." Kai whispered truthfully as he rested his head in the crook of Cole's neck and hugged him as sleep began to take hold of him again.

"Okay, okay, Kai, no more missions for a while." Cole whispered as he grabbed his neck and put his head in Kai's hair, rubbing his back comfortingly.

Kai hummed contently as he pushed into Cole's touch with a smile.