Nariyah Jones
Present-(18 years old)

It was my last year of high school, yes, I was a 18 year old senior in high school. But that was only because me and Mariah's birthday was later on in the year.

We had turned 18 two days ago, our papa gave us a car each and some other stuff that we both appreciated.

Me and Mariah were two different people, I was quiet, and I didn't talk to nobody. Maria was loud, she fought everybody. And wasn't afraid to be loud.

Don't get me wrong just because I was quiet didn't mean I didn't know how to fight, I fought anyone that wanted to mess with me or thought they could pick on me.

As I did my hygiene, my thoughts begin drifting to what our new school would be like, we had moved down to Houston, Texas after some things happen back in Dallas. It wasn't anything bad, but we just wanted a different scenery.

Getting out of the shower, I wrapped a white, fluffy towel around my body and walked out my room to my closet. As I got my outfit for today, I looked in the mirror and decided to just coil my hair... I didn't feel like doing anything else with it, since it was so much to do.

As I finished up my hair Mariah bust in my room and skipped over to my side, she squealed loudly and hugged me around my shoulders as I struggle to keep my towel over my body.

"Mariah, I'm still naked" I pointed out, throwing her a look in my mirror

"Whatever" she mugged me leaving out my room with a big frown on her face.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic ass, she got on my nerves most days, but she was my sister, so I really didn't care.

I begin getting ready as I continuously checked my phone over and over, I didn't have time to be late on my first day of school

Even though I already knew where my classes would be, we had took a tour of the school before any classes could start, like a week ago.

Once my outfit was on, and my hair was done I put on some jewelry and sprayed some perfume on my body.

I grab the keys to my black Camaro and skipped downstairs, Mariah was biting into an apple, and stopped to look at my outfit

She basically had on the same thing as me, but in different colors.

She nodded her head in approval then smiled big.

"Are we taking different car or taking one of ours" I mumbled to her grabbing the apple out of her hands.

"Different cause I'm going to the Mall after school to get papa an early birthday gift." She said grabbing the apple back after I bit the other side.

I nodded, I had already picked his gift out, it was sitting in my closet as we spoke.

"Ight I'll meet you at school" I said quietly nodding my head in her direction.

I faintly remembered papa coming into my room and telling me he was going to "work", then kissed my forehead.

So, I didn't bother saying goodbye to him, as I sit in my black Camaro. I begin rolling up a big blunt. I hated going to any type of school sober.

As I drove my head begin to hurt already, I sighed heavily and lit the perfectly rolled blunt.

My curly hair fell over my head as I focused my attention on the road and blunt.

Once it was lit, I hit it softly and held it in for a few seconds.

I smiled small as I could already feel the high take over my body.

I felt peaceful.

Once I made it too school, I rolled my windows down before pulling in and letting my car air out.

I sprayed some perfume on my body and in my car then stepped out grabbing my backpack and my purse.

I made sure my money and my stuff were in my purse then made my way to first period.

I didn't feel like being in the cafeteria with all of them kids.

I walked up the 3 flights of stairs to the third floor and breathed in deeply.

"Whew shit" I heard behind me, "all of them fuckin' stairs" they mumbled.

I looked behind me and giggled lowly as he bent over and heaved dramatically.

"Fuck" he dramatically sat up and put his hands on his hips walking up to me.

"I see yo ass laughing at me, ain't shit funny" he mumbled the last part and mugged the side of my face.

I laughed quietly as the sweat cling to his dark skin.

"You sweatin'" I pointed out pointing at his face, he rubbed his face down harshly and mugged me harder.

"Girl bye" he mumbled speed walking down the hall.

I giggled again and turned down the other hallway.

He better stop before he passes out.

I looked for 307 which was two doors down and sighed softly as I walked in.

There was already someone seated, he was looking at his phone.

I continuously looked between him and the board.

I sat in the way back by the corner and sat my bag on the right side of my body.

Looking behind me I plugged my phone up and slouched in my seat as the world spun.

A small smirk took place on my face as I let my body let loose.

"Aye, you good?" A deep voice from the left of me mumbled, I looked their way and nodded, everything felt like it was moving in slow motion.

He was so attractive, dreads in a ponytail at the back of his head with one dread out in the front.

He had glasses on, and it made him look even more attractive. His pink lips looked moisturized.

He sat a seat away from me.

"I'm okay" I smiled softly.

He stared at me a little longer then looked back down to his phone, my eyes stayed glued to the side of his face.

He was so fine.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone coming to sit in the very front.

I laid my head on the desk and closed my eyes as my heartbeat rapidly.

I heard dude from before getting up, but I kept my head laid on the desk.

He sat next to me instead causing me to actually look up this time. I stared mad hard at him as he plugged his phone into the wall.

He looked up catching me, I maintained eye contact and smirked looking him up and down.

"You sure you good" he spoke.

"Yeah, I'm good, you just mad fine" I said casually shrugging my shoulders.

He quirked an eyebrow and chuckled deeply.

"Bold, gimme yo phone" he glanced down at my phone.

"It's right there in yo face" I spoked teasingly.

"Like I know the code to YOUR phone" he added smiling.

"Doesn't have one" I sat back with my arms crossed, this whole conversation felt like a war. And I could say now that I did win. 

"You lyin'" he mumbled grabbing my phone of the desk, he opened it and low and behold. No code. 

"Wow" he said quietly putting his number in my phone, my mind was still fuzzy, but I could say with confidence that he was so fine.