Profit

Wherever you go, go with your heart.

The wagon ride would take two days to get to the nearest town on the Bay of Crabs. Angharad was worried about the toll the travel would take on Sandor's leg, but he insisted that he should come and that he would be fine. Her concern was amusing to him. He had just spent the better part of two years on the road, on the run, on his own.

Jumper pulled the wagon down the road and Sandor held the reigns. The quiet sway of the wagon began to put Angharad to sleep, her head drifted to the side and soon rested on Sandor's upper arm. He looked down at the pretty girl asleep on his arm. He reached out and moved a piece of hair from her face. Her copper hair was like fire. Fire that didn't burn, didn't kill, didn't hurt. 

They rode until the sky turned pink and orange. Angharad unhitched Jumper from the wagon and tied him on a long rope to graze. She poured some water in a bucket for him before making a fire ring with stones. Sandor returned with a single arms full of firewood. They would only make a small fire to keep themselves warm overnight, as they had packed preserved food to feed themselves. 

Angharad lay between Sandor and the fire for two reasons. First, to keep warm and second to separate Sandor from the fire. She guessed that he held a deeply rooted fear from his abuse at the hands of his brother. She fell asleep before he did. Sandor fell into old habits, keeping watch in the night. He lay awake for hours. A cold night breeze cut through their camp like a phantom. Angharad shivered and curled her knees up to her chest against the cold.

Sandor rolled on his side to face her. He reached an arm out and pulled her in close to him. She sniggled into him, seeking out his warmth. He threw his blanket over both of them and kissed her head tenderly. Sandor soon fell asleep next to Angharad, holding her through the night.

.................................

Angharad heard the deep rumble of Sandor's snores closer than she ever had before. Her eyes fluttered open, she saw Sandor's chest before her eyes. As she woke up more, she felt the weight of his arm over her waist, holding her close. She felt safe in his strong arms. She closed her eyes again and rested her head against his chest. It felt good to finally be so close to Sandor. Her feelings grew for him like wild thistles.

Her movement woke Sandor, he rolled away and sat up. Angharad re-opened her eyes and rose as well. They re-hitched Jumper to the wagon and continued on their journey. They reached the town at the Bay of Crabs by nightfall. An inn on the edge of town had room for their mule and wagon and a room for the night. 

The bed was big enough for two. Sandor climbed in. Angharad sat in the lounge chair and leaned back to go to sleep.

"What are you doing over there?" Sandor asked.

Angharad furrowed her brow. She was going to sleep, this was the same sleeping arrangement as at the cottage.

"Come here," he commanded, flipping the blanket up to expose the empty  space next to him.

Angharad went to the edge of the bed and took off her skirt. Her shirt hung down, just covering her. She slipped into the bed and nestled into the blankets next to Sandor. It took every ounce of self control in him not to roll over and devour her. It was yet another nearly sleepless night for Sandor.

............................

Angharad woke first again. Sandor's arm was hugged around her waist, holding her close. She wanted to get to the market early to get a good spot for her cart. She gave Sandor a gentle nudge in the ribs and he rolled over with a grunt. She dressed and left a note to let Sandor know where to find her when he woke. She paused at the door and looked back at him, it reminded her of when he was unconscious on her table.