Chapter 2

FALL IN, GREEN SQUAD.

<Outside Clan Skain's Ord Mantel base>

Imperial Infiltrator Class Troops continue to pour into the base of Clan Skain, at least 25 members.

"Full on, press forward! Wipe out that Mandolorian trash! I want to see their blood spilled on-"

"SIR! FROM THE FLANK, FROM THE-" the commlink system interrupts the Corporal, which was cut off from a blaster sound.

"Wait, what?" Said the Corporal as he spung around to face the intrusion, which was met by a lightsaber to the face, surging through his eye socket.

The Jedi master kicked dead corpse from his blade, using the force to fling his body into a pair of troopers nearby.

"ATTACK!" Screamed the Jedi, as he leaped toward the enemy.

The Imperial troopers, now on two battlefronts, fortify their position to defend themselves from the two rivaling factions.

"Lieutenant, take your squad and flank them to the right, ill take there two and head up the left. Understood?" He ordered as he pointed at two Republic Commandos.

"Understood sir, we'll lay down suppressive fire." Replied the LT., as he hurdled a thermal detonator at the enemy location, clearing out a hole in the Imperial's defenses.

"Good." The Jedi smirked.

"You two, come with me."

"Yes sir." Replied the commandos in unison.

The Jedi master used the force to leap himself forward at his foes, hammering down his destruction on the troopers armor, shattering them in their place. As he lands, he throws his lightsaber in a circular manor, decapitating two Imps, as their heads fall out of their helmets, as their necks were scorched. While the lightsaber returns, he comes about to clothesline a startled trooper, flipping onto his back, and springing off into the chest of a headless trooper. Flying into the trooper, he does a tuck to make himself fly feet first a he crashed into the trooper, sending him flying as he kicks, whilst the commandos blaster fire surges past him. As the Jedi gets back up and positions himself, he looks to the right, seeing his lightsaber on the ground, he uses the force to pull it into his grip, and activates it as soon as he obtains it, to deflect a blaster shot into a cloaked Mandolorian Warrior.

"Blast.." Cursed the Jedi Master.

The Jedi activates his commlink, saying "be alert team, the Mandolorians have sent in the ghost warriors, repeat the ghosts are among us." He checks his bracer to see the notification lights blinking from each of the squad leaders, to signify recognition of the previous statement. The Jedi presses forward, signal the commandos to fall in behind him, the commandos comply, as they race on towards the center of the base...

-------------------------------------

<Inside Clan Skain Base>

"All forces, stand your ground! THIS IS YOUR HOME! DEFEND IT TO THE LAST WARRIOR STANDNG!" Barked the Clan Skain leader, followed by a thundering roar of Mandolorians, rallied to their cause.

The Leader smirked as he charged toward the Troopers, cutting down his enemy's left and right, his fellow warriors paused a moment to see their leader cut through their enemies with such fearlessness, it almost appeared as a beautiful art form, as the blood swished everywhere from the Clan Leader's blade, flourishing in the air. Their pause was rudely interrupted by an expiation behind the Imperial lines.

"What's this?" The Mandolorian questioned as he saw green blaster fire flooding Imperial troops left and right, followed by a blue glowing energy.

"A lightsaber...wait...Jedi!" The Mandolorian screamed as he charged towards the source of chaos.

"Men! The republic is here! YOU WILL FIGHT THEM ALL AWAY!" The Mandolorian screamed in rage towards the republic. His followers scream out a fierce war cry, so much so that the Imperials simultaneously cringed, with their squad leaders crying "Retreat! Retreat! The captain is dead, fall back now!" As the Imps fled the scene.

"That voice.." The Jedi wondered, looking around for the source. After a moment of scanning, he found it. He locked eyed with the Mandolorian, focusing on his one naked eye, an eye full of rage.

"YOU!" The Jedi exclaimed surprisingly at his discovery.

The Mandolorian hardened up at the sight of the Jedi. "Well, well, well." The clan leader said, gripping his Vibroblade with conviction.

"Master Ouro. It's been too long. Why haven't you called me? I've never gotten to repay you for the last GIFT YOU GAVE ME!!" Scolded the Mandolorian towards the defensive Jedi, waiting for his foe to move forward. The Mandolorian made a gesture toward his helmet, towards his naked eye.

"Ever since my last run in with the Republic, I've never forgotten the mark you left me." He said as he removed his helmet.

"I'll never forget how you left me, after I HELPED YOU. After you said YOU WANTED PEACE. The insurrectionist were handled, by Clan Skain and your commando elites. Yet, after my men reported the mission a success, your people come back to report all the men were slaughtered my an UNIDENTIFIED ENEMY?!" Barked the Mandolorian, as he threw down his helmet, turning his head away from the Jedi master, who seemed to let his guard down slightly, remembering his last encounter with the warrior.

"You thought we were so TRIBAL. That my life style was PRIMITIVE. That my people were ENEMIES! This land, these people are my ROOTS. Have you ever thought about what the Jedi order might be holding from you, Ta'kael?! Say, maybe your ORIGINS?!" The Mandolorian said hysterically as he turned to face the Jedi, exposing his severally scorched face. The burns set deep, looking to be from melting energy, on his melted face. The Jedi looked down in disgrace.

"I WANTED TO JUST BE LEFT ALONE! WITH MY PEOPLE, WITH MY HERITAGE. I HAD TO FIGHT AND KILL MY WAY TO THE TOP, WHERE I RIGHTFULLY BELONG. Like my father, and his father before him. The LONG line of Mandolores from my family line. The family blood of Mandolorian. NOT Jedi. The order had no right to abandon me..to cast me out.."

"What did you expect, Yestus. A fallen Jedi, leaving the Order to rebuild his Mandolorian Clan of JEDI HUNTERS?!" Ta'kael hounded at his former friend.

"NO!" Barked Yestus.

"It didn't have to BE that way! I could've rebuilt the Clan, IN MY IMAGE. One of honor, and respect, not that of ASSASSINS! Like my people before me, like barbarians. The council should've given me a CHANCE to prove I wasn't like my ancestors! I thought that maybe they'd finally listen to my pleas of peace, by asking us to perform that joint mission. I was a fool to trust your order."

"You had to be stopped...it was the only way..I'm sorry, but I was following orders. I did what I had to do." Said Ta'kael in sadness, shamefully lowering his head and shutting off his lightsaber.

"I love the republic..I love the order. I owe everything to them. My very life..everything."

"Well, my old friend, now you have to make a choice. I'm a forgiving man, I want to make these Imperials pay for tearing up my home. You have two choices, A, you can silence me now, cut me down, and that's that. Or, B, you hear me out, and help me interrogate the two prisoners I have in the brig. To prove that I'm still willing to co-operate. Your choice, Jedi Master." The Mandolorian said as he pulled his helmet into his hands using the force, and secured it onto his armor. The Jedi paused, and studied Yestus' body language, trying to detect deception. Not bing able to find any, he closes his eyes to trust in the force. No signals to tell him otherwise, he holstered his lightsaber, took a bow, and gestured in front of the warrior.

"After you, please." Agreed the Jedi, as he straightened upright.

"Good." The Mandolorian nodded, as he moved aside to lead the Jedi toward the bowels of the base.