Loving Her...✷

********

Laito had been devastated when he couldn't find Hailey. She'd left him. Without a word. He was hurt and frustrated with himself. Even though he had accepted that he wasn't the one for her, he still wanted her for himself. He couldn't understand how he'd fallen for her in such a short time. As a vampire who had lived for years, he thought that falling in love was utter bullshit.

But now, he was hopelessly and madly in love with her. He became obsessed.

After prodding Reiji for the layout of the mountain land, he found out where exactly her father's cabin was but she was already gone.

His life had been bleak and mundane. He only sought pleasure in the rock music he and his brother's made, or the countless women he'd taken to bed. But after Hailey left, he felt grey. The macarons he loved so much were tasteless on his tongue and the rest of the winter break was just about him aimlessly existing.

This is exactly why he didn't want to trust his heart with anyone. He'd fuck it up and suffer immense pain. He hated feeling like this. His brothers hoped that he'd recover from his dark phase by the end of the break but he didn't. He still rehearsed with them but it was like he wasn't there at the same time.

After the new year's celebration, they returned to the Sakamaki mansion to prepare for the next session ahead. He'd immediately left to a club to find a woman so he could prove to himself that he had forgotten Hailey but he'd stopped on the way and headed back. The thought of drinking from or bedding someone else was disgusting. He only wanted Hailey.

He decided that he'd tell her how he felt if she gave him the chance. He hoped she'd listen.

Hailey wanted to rip the note in her school locker but couldn't. She'd been receiving notes and a rose every single day for a week and a half since they'd resumed. The notes always said.

"Can I see you today?..."

She shook her head. She wasn't ready. Everytime Mika asked if she'd spoken to the redheaded vampire, she'd brush it aside like it wasn't something important. Her platinum blonde friend already knew something was up but chose to stay silent for now.

Even when she crossed paths with Laito or his brothers at school, she avoided them. She always felt Laito's gaze on her back during every class. She felt him stare at her body during lunchtime. It didn't help that he always placed a note accompanied by a rose in her locker every single day.

------(✿⁠)------

One day, she'd been walking through the school halls with a bunch of fliers in her hand. Mr. Rowan, their English Literature teacher, had asked her if she could distribute them to people that were interested in joining the Literature club. And Hailey, being the girl she was, accepted to do so. She had a habit of accepting every job the teachers asked because she believed as a class representative, she must be able to serve the people.

Laito had once called her a pushover and teased her about it last Fall. He'd said,

"Learn to relax..... If you're too busy, I can't get enough time for a quickie with you..." She could still remember how he'd licked his lips and smirked at her. Now that she thought about it, it could have been Laito's way of telling her to take a break when she was stressed. That day she had been upset about the rumors that some girls were spreading about her being prudish and she was asked to supervise some first years who were serving punishment.