Family Affairs

Chapter 12

We paid for the meal, told my newly found aunty to take the day off. I offered to pay for the rest of her day,perks of being the chief's girlfriend.

We returned to the hotel.

"You stay here?" She asks amazed.

"While I'm in Cape Town yes, I live at a palace on the Island of relevancy." I say feeling impressed of myself.

"Wow I knew your parents were well off but a palace my sister must have won the lottery."

"No no,I'm dating a tribal chief" talking about him I haven't spoken to him in a long time. I'll speak to him later.

"Wow that's amazing how did you meet him?" It feels like I'm talking to my mother I'm fighting back the feeling to say mom after everything I say.

"Well funny story he actually found me" I say giggling.

"Well he must be rich hey, very wealthy" I dunno how to answer this question tho Antonio didn't really tell me about his wealth.

"You can say so yes" I reply.

I'm trying to find out about my mom and why I don't know about her but she keep brushing it off. Must of ended on bad terms.

"So how was my mom growing up?" I ask after explaining to her all the pictures and status of my man.

"Well she was a goody two shoes never wanted to sneak out at night or go to a night club always followed the rules where as I was the out going on." She says while taking photos of the statuces.

"Quiet the admirer of the art lady?" Susan asks with a sern voice.

"Yes looks amazing this must have cost him a fortune." She says touching it

"Please refin from touching any of the tribal chief's things" Susan says getting in her face.

"Okay chill, Alondre who's the cop?" She asks pointing at Susan.

"She's no cop she's my friend. But I also think please don't touch anything and stop taking photos." I say standing between them God knows I don't want a blood bath.

"Alright alright" she says flicking us off.

"So aunty what happened between you and my mother, why don't I know about you?" I finally ask the big question.

"Well before you were born we were okay no problems then I went to jail, my boyfriend robbed a store and I was the get away driver, I got caught snd he didn't. Your mother didn't like that I was the way I was and said she doesn't want you around me, so she disowned me as her sister and never spoke to me again". I kinda feel sorry for her I mean I understand your life choices but family is family.

"So you changed your life around?" I ask

"Yes definitely I'm a honest working woman now" she says placing her hand on her heart.

"I don't trust this woman, she gives me bad vibes" I suddenly hear Susan voice is my head I look over to her and her eyes are red.

"She's family and she said she changed" I say back in my head to Susan.

"I'm glad you changed aunty. We can finally connect and maybe you could come with us to the Island." I say holding her hand.

"Yes yes I'll like that very much." She says giving me a hug.

"I gotta go to the toilet quickly" she goes off to the bathroom and closes the door.

"Alondre Rose, I can smell this lady is no good and I don't need to be a werewolf to smell that." Susan says holding my shoulder.