9

My hands thick with sweat, I tried wiping them off on my skirt and forgot that it being made from latex wouldn't help in this situation. We walked right into the party, the thick of it actually. It was a pretty decent sized house, meaning they could pack a good amount of bodies in here. The whole living room was filled with costume clad high schoolers and probably some college students, this party was being thrown by someone who graduated after all. I scanned the room immediately for Luke,not having luck seeing him anywhere in the crowd at first shaky glance. I looked around me and saw I already lost Bridget and Hallie, no doubt Bridget dragged Hallie somewhere with her seeing some people she knew. I still had Sadie at my hip though, so I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the kitchen that I knew would contain more booze for us.

 Before I could slip in, an arm grabbed and stopped me. Whipping my head around about to yell at whoever thought they could touch me unprovoked, I saw it was Calum, Luke's friend from the soccer team.

"Luke's friend, good to see you" He said cheekily.Either he truly didn't remember my name or he thought he was being cute.  He had a solo cup in his hand that was sloshing around, and something told me that wasn't his first of the night from his glossy eyes and dopey smile. His costume registered in my brain, but before I could speak on it Sadie let out a gasp.

"No fuckin way, your costume." She said in awe. Calum was Wybie, Sadie's match to her Coraline costume. He wore a black slick coat with white stripes, frayed blue jeans underneath, and a pair of black combat boots. He also the same pair of button sunglasses that Sadie had. When looking over at Calum to see his reaction, I just saw him entranced with Sadie. I looked between the two until both mine and Sadie's eyes landed on Calum, who hadn't responded and just stared at Sadie. I cleared my throat and raised an eyebrow.

Snapping back into reality, his face fell into a cocky nature again.

"Wow, and I thought I was going to be original." He laughed, keeping eye contact with Sadie.

"As did I." She said, giving a small laugh and staring at her feet. I knew she had to be dying from this attention, shy was typically shy around guys.

"This is Sadie, one of the hot friends you requested." I said.

"Hey Sadie, I'm Calum. And you did a good job, Kendall. I trust your judgement now." He said, not being able to keep his eyes off Sadie. What was going on? We've been here for not even 5 minutes.

"Glad I could pass the test. Now how about you get us some drinks and stop staring, it's rude." I said, making him blush a bit. He snapped right into his normal demeanor. 

Calum lead us into the kitchen and to the island in the middle where all the booze sat. There was a plethora of bottles scattered on the counter top, but since this was a mainly underage party the selection consisted of what looked like just different variations of cheap flavored vodkas and bottom shelf rum. I wasn't an alcohol snob by any means, I mean I had fireball earlier and I'm seventeen. But I had some standards. I turned to Sadie to see what she was going to get, but already saw her with a shot and a drink in her hand lost in conversation with Calum. 

Sighing and finding myself alone already, I turned to rummage through the coolers on the floor, finding there not be anything other than cheap beer that would absolutely give me heartburn. I picked up one of the bottles on the counter and examined it, wincing.

"Geez, are these really my only options?" I asked myself outloud.

"Well, I didn't want to put my good shit out for everyone to take" A voice said in my ear, making me jump. 

The guy in front of me had on a 1950's greaser costume, or at least I think it was. He had on a leather jacket with a tight black tank top underneath. He had a pair of tight black jeans to match and black bots.  His light brown hair was slicked back with gel and he had a toothpick in his mouth. He was close enough for me to see he had a soft pair of hazel eyes. He was definitely nice to look at, that's for sure.