10

Flashback

*10 years earlier*

Derek POV:

Today is my 10th birthday, and annoying Meredith is 7 in 2 months is her birthday but that doesn't matter, she is the most annoying girl in the whole world, on the other hand, Mark my best friend is a jerk, he kiss with all the girls, and girls are special, not like Mark who doesn't care about anyone, I like a girl in my classroom, but no one knows it, her name is Keyla, I have known her for 6 months, I go to school so I can see her everyday, today she is coming to my birthday, let's see if I can give her a kiss.

(Keyla according to abi from 2021 😌).

Once I think to get up and get ready I hear an annoying little voice in the hallway, but it's too late, as when, I start to speak she's already jumping up and down and saying "Happy Birthday Der!"

D: Shut up -he says as Mer's smile disappears-

M: Why -she asks confused-

D: You're annoying, nobody likes you, you're not important to anyone, go away.

M: But Der -she says almost crying-

D: Nothing Meredith go away

M: -she doesn't say anything, she just leaves crying-

D: Finally -he says as he gets up-

Carolyn POV:

I'm in the kitchen when a tiny being runs past but I catch her before she comes out.

C: Mer honey what happened

M: He doesn't love me, he ran me off, he said I was nobody, that he didn't care -she says crying-

C: Son of a... -she keeps quiet so as not to say it in front of Mer but she thinks about it-

M: It's ok ma, I have to go home.

C: Honey, let me talk to him

M: No, he doesn't want me, I'm not going to beg him.

C: But honey

M: No, I don't want to see him

C: Okay, let me take you home.

M: I can go don't worry, you have a party to prepare.

C: Okay, be careful my love

M: Bye, ma -she says as she cries and runs away-

Once Mer left, I went up to Derek's room and opened it, but before I could enter he said something that left me in shock.

D: Don't start, she's an annoying child, I don't love her, I don't want to see her again, I hate her.

C: What the hell is wrong with you Derek Shepherd