𝕡𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝟛

3: Charming every item in the Slytherin common room to increase louder slightly daily

***

"Ready boys?" Asked James.

"Yes." They all replied simultaneously.

They began the journey down the stairs.

New day. New passcode. 'Salazar' was the password for today.

"Salazar." James whispered.

"They're going to change the password soon to another language, they're going to catch on." Pointed out Sirius.

"Well, let's do as many pranks as we can right now."

They all went around separately to charm every item in the room. Slightly enhancing the volume of every item in the room.

James felt as if he was being watched from the shadows, but didn't say anything to not risk people overhearing them and waking up.

"They're going to be LIVID!" Emphasised Peter as they arrived back to the Gryffindor common room.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Added Sirius.

"Reg is going to be fuming!" Pointed out James.

The room went silent.

"Guys?" James follows up with.

Still silence.

And that is how it is until the morning, with the occasional sound of James rolling around in curiosity, it was like somebody had silenced them.

Soon the morning rolled around, lighting up James' freckles.

He stood up, the others had left already.

Thankfully it was a Sunday, a week and a day since prank 2, and a day since prank 3.

He couldn't wait to go downstairs in a couple days and see Slytherin screaming.

He made his departure downstairs.

He entered the sunlit room and began to walk to the Gryffindor table before he was stopped by Regulus.

"Nice try." Regulus confronted him with.

A flash of confusion spread across James' face before he finally understood. Regulus knew.

"How?" That's when it hit him, he felt as if someone was watching him.

Someone was Regulus.

"Merlin, and you didn't say anything then!" James emphasised.

"I may've not said anything, but neither did the others." James stared confused before it also clicked.

They went silent not from awkwardness, but instead from a silence charm that kicked in.

"You are good." James admitted.

Regulus curtsied.

They both chuckled, and Regulus finally pulled James by his collar to give him a good- morning kiss.

"If that's a 'good- morning kiss', what's a good night kiss?" Inquired Remus as he approached the couple.

They both turned shades of red deeper than Gryffindor.

"Just kidding. Prongs, Pads wanted me to remind you to meet him in the common room during your free period!" Remus reminded.

"So 'pads' and 'period' were used in the same sentence, but nothing to do with a period?" Commented Regulus.

James and Remus nodded in confirmation.

"Y'all are weird." Regulus stated.

He pecked James once more on the lips before leaving.

"Wait Reg!" James shouted after him. Regulus turned around sharply, "did you reverse the prank?"

Regulus smiled, and shook his head.

James felt relieved. "THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU!" James froze.

Shit.

They'd never said the 'L word'.

He tensed up, did he just fuck up?

"I- I-."

James froze.

The silence had been to long.

Like an eternity had passed.

When had James become in possesion of the Philosopher's Stone?

"I love you too." Regulus finally expressed. "I love you so so so so so so so so much!" He added.

Regulus ran back to James and jumped in his arms.

"I love you so so so so so so so so so so so much too!" James reprocated.

They leaned into a passionate, emotional kiss.

Remus, Peter, Lily, Mary, Dorcas, Marlene, Evan all 'awwwwed'.

Sirius, Peter, Barty, and like, every other Slytherin gagged.

Sirius, and Barty were secretly proud of the two.

***

sorry for the shorter chapter, wanted to update and didn't know what to add

words ( not including author's notes ): 551