Prologue

In a small kingdom in the middle of the Caribbean is where Prince Anakin Skywalker resides

In a small kingdom in the middle of the Caribbean is where Prince Anakin Skywalker resides. He was adopted by Shmi Skywalker who gave him his name. Anakin was then raised to become a Jedi Knight as he was force sensitive. Obi-Wan Kenobi ended up being his master and teaching him everything he knows. Anakin would eventually be granted the rank of master and would take an apprentice of his own. Ashoka Tano. Ashoka and Anakin ended up being very close like him and Obi Wan. Shmi wanted Anakin to step up to his duties to become king of the kingdom. But Anakin was too busy wanting to explore and be a Jedi Master. Now, at the age of twenty one, Anakin was very adventurous and always took risks. Obi Wan hated how much he had to look after his former apprentice. But he did it because he loved him and wouldn't care cross the Queen. "Anakin, no more voyages. You need to step up and be the king of this kingdom." Anakin turned to his mother and said "mom, I will. You act like I'm running out of time." "You also need to marry." Anakin grimaced and said "mom." Ashoka laughed softly and said "that'll never happen." Shmi looked at Ashoka and said "oh, it will. He'll find the right girl in the kingdom. After all, there's many of them." Anakin sighed and waved his mother off. He wasn't even thinking about girls. He wanted to explore the world and go on expeditions, but that would change when a certain mermaid saved his life.

Trinity was a girl who lived under the sea. Her father, King Triton was the king of the sea. Trinity loved her father and loved the sea but humans fascinated her. She was forbidden from going to the surface. Her mother was killed by a human and Triton didn't want his daughter to suffer the same fate. Trinity always collected human things, keeping them in her grotto. Trinity's best friends consisted of a fish, a crab and a mermaid named Coral. Coral lived in one of the neighboring mermaid kingdoms. Coral had purple and orange hair that shined in the sunlight as she followed her very curious best friend. Trinity's red hair seemed to glow as she swam through the ocean. "Look! Isn't it neat?!" Trinity said to Flounder. Flounder shook his head and said "I dunno. What does it do?" "I'm not sure. I'll have to ask Scuttle next time I see him." Coral looked at the item Trinity held in her hand. It happened to be an old hairbrush but the two mermaids didn't know that. "Feel it." Trinity said. Coral raked her fingers over the bristles and gasped. "It's soft. Kind of." Trinity nodded and ran the brush over one of Flounder's fin. He giggled and said "that tickles!" Trinity smiled at the small fish as he laughed. Coral noticed the sun was going down. "Trinity, I'm going home. You should do the same." Trinity nodded at Coral and the two mermaids said their goodbyes. "Trinity, where are we going?" "I have to drop this off at the grotto, Flounder. Then we can go home." Flounder reluctantly followed her even though the sea scared him at night. The two of them were fine as long as they stayed in the perimeter of the kingdom. "You think there's sharks?" Trinity sighed and said "Flounder don't be such a guppy. Come on. I'll protect you from a shark. And there's none by the grotto." "You're right. You're right. I'm being a guppy." Trinity kissed Flounder's cheek and the two of them went inside the grotto. Trinity set the hairbrush on one of the shelves inside. Trinity sighed and said "maybe one day I'll get to meet a human." "How?" Flounder asked. Trinity looked down. The moonlight reflected off the scales on her tail. "I don't know. I could always go to the surface. But, father would be so mad. I'm not sure if I want to make that choice yet." Flounder hated that his best friend longed for something she couldn't have. And he couldn't help her get it if he wanted to. The two of them swam back to the kingdom, where it was safe. Trinity didn't know that in the next couple of days, she'd save a prince's life and fall deeply in love with him.

Yes the prologue is short but I wanted to establish what this story would be. This book is heavily inspired by The Little Mermaid obviously and I really hope you guys will like it!!
~skylar🫧💫🫧💫