The meeting

"I'm still not sure we should have left her unattended like that. What if she tries to escape? Your dad will kill us! Especially me when he finds out I allowed her in your room!" The two of them were speed walking to the meeting. "It's okay Sashy. She seems like a good person who's just had a bad life. I'm sure once my dad realizes this he'll drop all charges." Marcy stated confidently.

Sasha wasn't as confident about that. She knew how Marcy's dad could be. She's had to work for him multiple times to prove her worth to him to be allowed to be Marcy's guard. She did however believe what Marcy said about Anne. Even from just looking at her you can tell she's not all bad. But that doesn't excuse her for being a criminal. And she shouldn't let her guard down around her.

The two of them made it to the meeting room with a minute to spare. They took their seats, Marcy's being at the end of the table to the left of her father, while Sasha sat next to her on her left on the side of the table.

It seemed that they were the last to arrive as the meeting began with king Andrias speaking up, "Today I have gathered you here to discuss our newest captive." Marcy and Sasha both glanced at each other at the mention of Anne.

"She is a higher ranked member of the the criminal group we've come to known as the frog bandits. Mrs. Waybright has reported that she refuses to talk and has been disrespectful. We need to figure out our next move, wether it's playing the long game to see if she gives up, or torturing answers out of her." That last part make both Marcy and Sasha's stomachs churn.

"Uhh sir- I mean your majesty, what is it exactly that we want to learn from her?" Sasha asked. Maybe there was a way for them to get the answers out of Anne themselves without the cruelty.

"As of right now we just want the location of the camp's hideaway and identification of all the members so we can arrest them all. I'm not quite sure what we'll do with her after that but that's something else we need to discuss."

After a short lived moment of silence, general Yunan spoke up. " I suggest we let her go free then follow and hunt her down as she leads of right back to her base. Then we can capture them in one fair swoop." Then a guard spoke up. "We could threaten her and her camps safety the longer in takes her to give in." "We could make her feel safe so she tells us." Another one says

Soon the room was full of people spitting out ideas. Unfortunately most of these ideas were not ones that would be pleasant for Anne.

The king started to get frustrated with everyone speaking out of turn. He raised his hand up for silence. One by one they all began to quite. The ones that took longer looking more shameful.

"These ideas are great to keep in mind, some more then others, but I do believe that torture is the quickest method for most people and I believe it's our best shot." Andrias stated.

"Father if I may, I would like to suggest that we let her warm up to us so that we can let her tell us without the unnecessary torture. I mean the worst she and her group has done is steal some things." Marcy tried to reason in order to keep her new friend safe. It she could call Anne her friend.

"If I may speak so boldly I must agree with princess Marcy your majesty." Sasha stated while bowing her head to show her respect to the king.

His majesty pondered on this suggestion for a bit, mostly because it was his own daughter that suggested it.

But right as he was going to express his decision a soldier that was not invited to the meeting and had to watch guard, came rushing in.

"Your majesty" he said urgently while quickly bowing. "The frog girl has has escaped her cell and has reclaimed her bag."

The king furrowed his eye brows as the rest of the soldiers stood up from their spots and awaited his commands. Marcy and Sasha stood up as well.

"You." He said pointing to the guard that had delivered the news. "Sound off the alarm." The soldier bowed and took off. "The rest of you, go capture that kid!" Everyone followed what he said.

Guards raced down the halls with hands on their swords ready to fight.

At some point a guard near the front yelled out and everyone followed him. The guards had seen Anne and were now swarming her. Marcy and Sasha wernt far behind. "What the heck is Anne doing?" Marcy asked frantically. "I told you she was no good! She's trying to escape!" Sasha whispered yelled back.

They began pushing to the front of the guards. The guards swiftly got out of the way as the princess and her personal guard made their way through, but then closing the gap back up.

"ANNE, What is going on!?" Marcy yelled when close enough.

Sasha and Marcy watched Anne as she made eye contact with both of them before moving her eyes to looking at the guards. She slowly lowered her weapons seemly coming to her senses that she had no escape. She put the sword in her bag before putting her hands up. She kept her head down as a guard stepped forward to tie her hands up.

Sasha and Marcy watch as the guards escorted Anne back to the dungeon.

"Still think she's so innocent?" Sasha asked. Also a bit disappointed.
_____________________________________________________

The reason she's always being tied up with rope is because I don't think they had handcuffs back then. But then again I kinda made it so they had alarms which im sure they probably didn't have back then either so woops.

Btw I have decided I'm going to be posting once a month on this story.

If I get bored enough I might post twice a month but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.