Chapter Two

Warning: Sexual refrences, underage alcohol usage, underage tabacco usage, drug refrence

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I was woken up by a pillow being thrown at my face.

"Wake up, lovebirds!" a familiar voice shouted. "It's twelve thirty!"

Ivy and I did our best to pry open our eyes.

Sam Means.

Is it normal to want to kill your best friend?

"Saaaaammm..." I moaned, sitting up. "How the hell did you get in?"

Sam shrugged. "The door was unlocked."

Ivy sat up and yawned. "When is the party?"

Sam raised an eyebrow. Ivy had taken off her shirt in the middle of the night because she was hot. Thank god she kept her bra on.

"Let's hope...you guys...have...pants..." Sam sputtered, eyes wide.

I threw off the sheets. "Yes, Means!"

He relaxed, but then tensed again.

"We weren't making out either."

He relaxed for good and said, "Party's in a half hour. I'll get the food ready." He exited the room and we threw on some clothes.

By the time we were downstairs, the doorbell had already started ringing and the food was all set.

Eventually everyone arrived and we were outside on porch smoking and taking shots of Smirnoff. I limited everyone to one shot only, since we were underage. One guy brought marijuana, and I immediately sent him home. We would be really busted if we were caught smoking weed, plus, I didn't want to be responsible if anyone got hooked.

I brought Ivy into my room to look for an old yearbook or something, and while searching, I heard a little click come from my door. We both froze.

Ivy walked over and tried the door.

"Locked," she breathed.

We could hear the party move to the attic (with the bottle of Smirnoff) where they could spy on us from the big hole in the attic floor and my bedroom ceiling.

Right above my bed.

Ivy stood on my bed and called through the hole.

"Sam, let us out!"

"Not until you both admit that you both are completely into each other!"

She flopped down on my bed.

"Fucking bitches."

I flopped down next to her.

"Assholes."

We were silent for a long time until Ivy scooted a little closer to me and started playing with a lock of my hair. I smiled and undid the blue dip-dyed braid on her shoulder, letting her hair fall loose beyond her shoulders and down her back. I carefully moved a piece of blonde-and-blue lock and put it behing her ear. You could hear a few snickers coming from the kids in the attic, but I ignored them.

"Confession time," I whispered in her ear, running my hand through her soft, wavy hair.

"I've loved you since I was ten," she whispered back, making her soft, delicate hands through my messed-up hair.

Soft and muffled oooh's came from the attic and they all went quiet.

"Same," I replied softly, putting my arm around Ivy's waist and scooting closer to her, face and all.

Our lips met an the fireworks went off in my head.

There was an eruption of cheering, clapping, hooting, and whooping as I tightened my grip around her waist. Ivy wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed back harder. Her tongue started to trace my bottom lip as my door unlocked and Sam burst in, tackling me off the bed.

"Argh!" I sputtered under Sam's weight. "Sam!"

He chuckled and let me go.

"I just wanted to interrupt before the clothes started flying," he explained.

We rolled our eyes and Ivy sat down next to me on the rug. We entwined our fingers and Sam smiled.

"So are you guys together now?"

We both nodded.

"Hey..." I said to Sam before he left, "Tell me that no one took more than one shot of vodka."

He smiled sheepishly. "I couldn't do that, Nathaniel."

Ivy and I exchanged nervous glances and went up into the attic.

Just as I had feared, a few drunk couples were trying to find a spare bedroom. I put the bottle of Smirnoff and put it back in the fridge, while Ivy ushered all the drunk kids out he door and told them to go home. By the time we were done with that, it was five o'clock in the evening and my parents would be home in any minute. It was just Ivy, Sam, and me, so we all went downstairs to play GameCube.