Chapter One

Warning: Sexual refrences

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We were lying under that big palm tree on the Arizona beach, cherry limeade in hand. I was sixteen and she was fifteen. We weren't in bathing suits, but in khaki shorts and flip-flops. She wore a hot pink sport bra looking thing, since she felt confident around me. I am shirtless, my long, shaggy hair combed out and gelled for once. I put my drink down and wrapped my arms around her waist.

I heard her giggle softly and say, "Nate! We aren't even dating."

I grinned and took off my flip-flops. Using my bare feet, I slid off her shoes as well, tickling her feet with my toes.

"Ivy," I said, pulling her gorgeous gold hair with the blue dip-dyed ends into a ponytail high on her head. "Who cares?"

I kissed the side of her forehead, starting to move my thumbs in soft circles along the bare skin of her waist. Ivy moved closer to me, wrapping her arms around my chest, under my arms.

"Fuck puberty," I cursed randomly, "I'm going to sweat all over you."

"It's okay, Nate," Ivy ran a hand through my scraggly brown hair. "I don't mind."

I smiled slightly and nodded, changing the subject.

"Sam and I are planning on forming a band," I revealed, twirling her ponytail around my hand.

Ivy smiled broadly. "I dig." Her smiled turned mischievous. "Party?"

I nodded and Ivy gave me a smack on the cheek with her lips. I blushed and leaned towards her ear.

"Party starts at one tomorrow afternoon. My parents will be gone till the next morning."

She almost jumped out of my arms in excitement. She loves parties. She always has.

We watched the sun set over the beach before packing up and going back to my house.

Ivy and I both changed into boxers and t-shirts (I let her borrow some of my clothes) and cuddled up on my bed, watching some old eighties movie. There was a knock on my door and my mom came in with two glasses of milk and a package of Oreos. She smirked and lifted an eyebrow.

"Nate, I'm not ready to be a grandmother quite yet."

I felt my face flush and I replied with a bitter, cold edge.

"Mom. We're not dating. And plus, we still have our clothes on. Nor am I grinding against her."

Ivy scooted away from me, obviously amused, and poked my cheek.

"Ew."

Mom rolled her eyes, putting the cookies and milk on my nightstand.

"Nathaniel Joseph, if you lose your virginity before you are eighteen, I won't let you date till you are thirty."

She must have seen me roll my eyes because she added, "The condoms are under my bathroom sink. Just please, don't moan, groan, or scream too loudly."

"MOM!" I hollered, throwing a pillow at her. Both her and Ivy chuckled and Mom left.

I sighed dramatically and went to grab a few Oreos. Glancing at my clock that read 11:33, Ivy yawns and I get the hint. Turning off the television and the light, I took off my t-shirt and laid back down next to Ivy. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. She sighed happily and rested her head on my bare chest.

I love her so much.

I just wish she knew...