Chapter Seven

"And some nights I wait for someone to save us, but I never look inward, try not to look upward..."

I sighed and put down the lyric book.

Fuck it. I need to relax.

There was a tap on my door and answered with a "Come in!" Ivy came in with a smile and sat next to me, and I wrapped my arms around her, kissing her forehead. An idea suddenly started forming in my head...

"Ivy, get dressed in your best dress. We're going out tonight."

Taken off guard, Ivy nodded. "Okay."

She went into her closet, and I went into mine. She picked out a gorgeous sparkly hot pink dress and I was in my expensive black suit with the green tie. I gelled over my hair and shaved, putting on Ivy's favorite aftershave and cologne. Ivy looked gorgeous, her hair curled and clipped with a little flower, her dress an amazing pink, her flat shoes hot pink as well.

"Ready?" I asked, putting my hands on her waist.

"Yup!"

We with a note on the fridge telling the band we went out.

"Where are we going?" Ivy asked, plugging her iPod into my car stereo and turning on some Panic! At the Disco.

She's always had great taste in music.

"Surprise," I replied with a grin.

There was a benefit concert in town with a few of Ivy's favorite musical artists: Owl City, CAKE, and Jason Reeves. I wasn't too hot on Owl City and Jason Reeves, but CAKE was a pretty good Indie band. I was taking her mainly for CAKE because back when we were seniors in highschool, I took her to see them, and she loved every second.

That was the day we came home and lost our virginity.

That's why we haven't forgotten it.

We got to the theater the concert was showing at, and I payed for both of us, going in and getting front row seats. I could tell that Ivy was itching to ask me what we were doing once again, but she didn't bother, since she knew I wouldn't tell her.

Suddenly, the lights darkened and Adam Young of Owl City walked on stage, an acoustic guitar in hand. I heard Ivy gasp, and I turned to grin at her.

"Nate..." she tried to speak, but her eyes were glued on Adam. She's always had a little celebrity crush on him.

"Good evening," Adam's cute little shy voice spoke into the microphone, and I could tell that Ivy almost passed out right there.

"I...uh...well, my good friends Jason Reeves and John McCrea are going to be joining me in a three-way medley, so please welcome them to the stage."

"OHMAHGAWD NATE!!!!" Ivy screamed at me as her favorite musicians joined her other favorite musician on stage. They did a medley of their two most popular songs, and Ivy couldn't even scream, she was so blown away.

We left after the whole show was over, and made love at home like no tomorrow.