Chpt.19 Escape

Percy POV:
I stood up and ripped the chains around my wrist off the wall before flexing my forearms causing the shackles to pop off. I walked towards the door, opening it slowly I looked to my right and there was a wall. On my right was a hallway full of monsters and titans looking on in shock as I walked out of my jail cell. I summon my axe and ran down the hallway fighting monster and titans, kind of like that scene from Oldboy. I used fighting techniques I've never even heard of but know knew thanks to my new knowledge. I fought my way down the hallway till there was no one remaining. At the end of the hallway was a large intricately designed door made of pure rock. I punched it and it shattered.

Revealed was the wasteland that is Tartarus. I could see a map of tartarus in my mind as I decided where to go. I thought I'd try out flying. I figured I can't fly out of Tartarus because if I could any monster that could would. I thought about raising off the ground and I felt my body float up about an inch of the ground. I thought about floating a little higher and higher until I hit about 6 feet off the ground floating upright. I then in mid air positioned my body horizontal to the ground and began moving. I began moving faster and faster till I hit about 30mph. I flew higher in higher off the ground as I went, going faster and faster until I hit what was my max, which was about 110mph. Eventually I saw a very familiar looking swamp. I slowed down till I was sort of drifting through the air until I saw a small hut. I floated down to the door and looked inside, and I saw him, Damasen. Sitting at a large table eating a bowl of soup.

"Well well well, look who it is." I said walking in. Damasens head snapped towards me. "Percy, my gods what are you doing here?" He asked "Zeus threw me down here." I said with anger in my voice. "Oh Percy my boy, I'm so sorry you were forced back into this hellhole." He said with sadness in his eyes. "Yeah well, I'm getting out of this hellhole, and your coming with me. So pack your shit." I said with anger and resolve. He grabbed a small bag(for him) as he filled it with herbs and clothes and stuff as I waited. After he packed we began walking, and talking about all the things that happened since me and Annabeth left escaped Tartarus. Apparently Tartarus kicked Bob and small Bob out and back to Hades realm which was good I suppose, I would definitely need to visit them. At some point.

We walked for miles towards the gates which only took about 3 hours because of my blessings and his size. We came across no monsters, or any other signs of life. This gave me a bad feeling. Eventually we arrived at the doors. Monsters as far as the eye could see, and the were all centered around Tartarus who sat in the center, a large open ring around him. Damasen and I walked forward as the monsters parted. We reached the middle when Tartarus spoke. "Well look who escaped, and his little friend, my disgrace of a son." Tartarus said with disdain. I started to see red. "Tell you what Perseus, if you can beat me, I'll give you and my son safe passage from my kingdom." Tartarus said with and evil smile. I felt a primal rage deep inside me manifest itself. This must be the berserker rage overtake me.

I rushed Tartarus as my mask, gifted from hel, appeared over my head. As my axe summoned in my right and my longsword sprouted from the pen in my left. I rushed as all the moves I made became blurry. I attacked with unmatched speed and aggression. Tartarus barely kept up with me as I cut and slashed and broke his bones.

I got hit and cut myself by his newly summoned blade. But every cut regenerated rather quickly, a small cut only taking 45 seconds to heal. We fought for hours, neither of us gaining ground as the whole of Tartarus watched and cheered.

We fought and fought until I kicked him in the side of the knee brining him to his knees as I crossed my arms and brought my blades down on either side of his neck. The blades dug about an 3 inches deep into either side of his neck. Tartarus began to laugh, a deep, creepy laugh. "Well, looks like I am beat, and I am a man of my word." Tartarus said waving his hand as me and Damasen were teleported to the surface, in Greece. 

"Damasen, are you gonna be ok?" I asked. "Yes Percy, go, do what you must." He said. So I took off flying just outside of the nearest town where I stole a shirt and some sandals. I walked back outside of town and took off toward the US. My first stop was my house in Maine for a pair of my actual clothes and something to eat. I wrote a note addressed to Hel and burned it on my stove as an offering to her, telling her I have escaped Tartarus and I was headed to mount Olympus.

I walked out my front door and began flying at top speed towards Olympus(like that scene from Guardians of the Galaxy 3). I flew straight into the throne room, which was had just about everyone in attendance.

"ZEUS!" I yelled dropping to the floor summoning my axe and slamming it into the grounds. "Percy, where have you been?" Poseidon asked while Zeus looked on in fear. "He, sent me to Tartarus." I said pointing my sword in it's usually xiphos form towards Zeus.

All the gods looked at him in shock. "And now, you are going to die." I said flying towards him, grabbing him around the throat. I began to beat him with my bare hands, I didn't want to kill him, I wanted him to wish I did. No one stepped into save him, not Hera and not Ares. I beat him to a bloody pulp before throwing him off his Throne. I sat hovering in the air looking at him on the floor of the throne room. I turned around and saw the empty throne of the king, and thought, why not, why shouldn't I.

I sat down on the infinitely comfortable throne and felt my blood boil, everything went dark as my mind went to an astral plain of being.

Hello Perseus said the voice of Chaos.

Here's the new chapter, let me know what y'all think, please comment, I love reading the comments and talking to the people who read my story.