• Chapter 1 - Wanted? •

If you see an asterisk, like * symbol, it means there's a footnote at the very end that explains a bit more.

Also, I'm writing this as I go, so it might be a bit cringe-

    ° ° °

Purples POV:

"Thank you!" Purple pays for the two corndogs and gives one to Mango. It was a beautiful Saturday morning, the sunlight streaming over the tops of the buildings. It was perfect for a short stroll across the city. 

They started walking back home, when Purple spotted something.

What's that?

Purple picks up a poster from a brick wall.

Who is this stick figure?

It depicted a black, hollow-headed stick figure. The stick figure had flames coming from his hands, so he could fly. Two other pictures showed him breathing fire and shooting lasers from his eyes. At the top, it said, Wanted, and at the bottom, it said Reward, saying to "report sightings" to a company with a rocket logo.

Purple didn't recognize the logo, but knew that Mango probably knew the answer.

"Hey Mango? Do you know what this logo is for?"

Purple points to the logo on the poster.

"Hmmmmmm. I think I've seen it on electronic devices before. Once I was passing this store that sold TV's with that logo at the top." Mango answered, then getting back to his corndog.*

Purple thought for a second.

If this company sold TV's and other electronics, why would they want this stick figure? He finished his corndog as he thought about it.

They turned a corner and Purple saw the familiar driveway leading to their house.

Mango opened the door, just as Purple's cat came over and rubbed his head against Mango's legs. Midnight clearly missed them. Purple went over to his room and closed the door behind him, still looking at the poster. It still didn't make any sense. 

Why would a TV company want this guy? Shouldn't the police be looking for him instead?? I feel like Green mentioned it to me. Ughh, maybe I should just text him about it. Purple wondered to himself, a little frustrated.

That black stick figure also looks like TSC, maybe they're related. They both have that hollow head too, Purple shrugged. Probably not though.

He looked around his room for his phone. There was a shelf of books about astronomy in one corner of the room and a pile of cat toys below it. His desk sat next to his bed and there was a messy pile of papers on top. As he surveyed his room for his phone, Mango called him over.

"Hey Purple! Do you know what happened to my favorite golden colored mug? I thought I left it right over here in the kitchen but it's no-" Mango said but Purple cut him off as he arrived into the kitchen. 

"It's in your bedroom. Saw it there." Mango left immediately.

"THANKS!!!" Mango called as Purple left. "Oh god, I'm way too old for this." Purple heard Mango mutter. Purple smiled at this.

Midnight was resting on Purple's bed when he entered, but Purple was focused on other things. 

Wait a second- where's my phone?  He found his phone on his nightstand and quickly pulled up Green's contact.

Purple texted him:

🟣: Hi green! do you know who this black hollow headed stick figure is? I saw a wanted poster for this guy, anything special about him?

He waited for a response.

No answer so far.

He knew that Green was probably busy composing music or hanging out with his friends, but Green would usually respond in a few minutes anyway.

Suddenly, he saw something out of the corner of his eye.

It was going way too fast for Purple to see them clearly, but he was sure-

That's the same guy from the poster!!

He opened up his window and put his head outside to see four flying scooters chasing after him!! They were shooting some sort of glitch bomb at the guy.

Purple snatched his phone up from his desk and texted Green again, but more urgently this time.

🟣: i saw the same guy from the poster outside my window!!1 is he som sort of criminal??

Purple sat down on his bed, a bit anxious.

There was a maybe-criminal in his city right now!! Hopefully the people chasing after him was the police or something...

If Green wasn't going to tell him who that guy was, might as well just ask Google.

Purple searched "black hollow-headed stick figure, stick city" and the results slowly loaded onto his screen. He clicked onto the first link and an article popped up.

"The Chosen One?"

    ° ° °

*this part is a reference to AvM ep. 30, during Mango's flashback.                 At 10:08 (timestamp) Mango is looking at a TV. At the top of the TV, there's the same logo that also appeared on the Wanted poster. Since these two logos looked the same, I decided that it could be connected, so I put it in the story for you guys! :)

Okay!! That's the end of chapter 1...

hope you enjoyed reading it!

819 words <3