1 Timothy

Grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 1:2b (ERV)

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength to do his work. He considered me trustworthy and appointed me to serve him. 1:12 (NLT)

First of all, I ask that you pray for all people. Ask God to bless them and give them what they need. And give thanks. You should pray for rulers and for all who have authority. Pray for these leaders so that we can live quiet and peaceful lives—lives full of devotion to God and respect for him.2:1-2 (ERV)

I want the men everywhere to pray. Men who lift their hands in prayer must be devoted to God and pleasing to him. They must be men who keep themselves from getting angry and having arguments. 2:8 (ERV)

Since everything God created is good, we should not reject any of it but receive it with thanks. For we know it is made acceptable by the word of God and prayer. 4:4-5 (NLT)

A widow who really needs help is one who has been left all alone. She trusts God to take care of her. She prays all the time, night and day, and asks God for help. 5:5 (ERV)

God's grace be with you all. 6:21b (ERV)

Likewise I can pray:

That people have grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thank you God for giving me strength to do your work. 

Thank God for all people, including our country's rulers and those who are in authority in our lives and pray that God will bless them and give them what they need. 

Thank you God for the food I eat. 

For God's grace to be with myself and others. 

How I should pray:

I can pray by lifting my hands in prayer. If I pray this way I should be devoted to God and pleasing to him, not constantly getting angry and having arguments.