[4] Families

Hey guys! I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I last updated, I was sick, then had my final exams, and I just got over being sick. I'm still coughing, but I'm a lot better now, so here's the update!***
(Picture is Lilac Meadows)

As I was talking to the police officer, I heard a single gunshot ring out. I stared blankly as police officers surged into the house like a tsunami, breaking windows and doors to get in as fast as they could.

I remember seeing Jake running out, Julia in his arms, Alia clutching his arm.

I remember hugging them tight, thankful that they were alive.

I remember a stretcher being rushed in and then back out, but with a woman on it now, my mother, a cloth covering her up to her neck.

I remember screaming sirens, flashing lights.

I remember them driving off without us, taking our precious mother.

I remember running to my truck, peeling out of the driveway, probably way over the speed limit.

I remember arriving at the nearest hospital, an hour and a half later.

I remember the lady at the desk, refusing to let us enter.

I remember waiting to see her, with Alia's head resting on my shoulder as she slept on the hard plastic chairs.

I remember looking over and seeing Julia curled up in Jake's lap, fast asleep as well.

I remember Jake slowly nodding off, his head on my other shoulder.

I remember falling asleep eventually.

I remember being woken a few hours later, the receptionist forcing us out the door.

I remember sitting in my truck all night long, Julia still sleeping, Alia occasionally dosing off.

I remember Jasmine joining us early the next morning, parking in her car in the next spot over.

I remember seeing a familiar white BMW pull up.

I remember our father walking us inside.

I remember waiting with Julia and Alia because they couldn't go back.

I remember going in and seeing her.

My mother.

Hooked up to too many machines.

I remember the doctor talking.

I remember the one sentence that changed it all.

"She's in a coma, one she may never wake up from."

And I know, my family may never be complete again.

***
Sorry guys... I had to... Am I the only one about to cry? See ya'll later! Bye! Sorry again for the cliffhanger!

What do you think Kate's going to tell her friends?

Where was Jasmine?

What do you think is going to happen to Lilac?

(Beth, you can't answer the last one.)

-Wolfiepaws