8. jealous

DECEMBER EIGHTH —
VERA'S POV
music was playing on my phone as i tried to get ready as quickly as possible.

joana had another show today, she left a couple of hours earlier with her friends to get ready.

joão, daniel and i were all leaving together. the both of them were downstairs, complaining about me taking a long time.

"I'M ALMOST DONE!" i yelled back from upstairs, getting frustrated with my makeup.

i was feeling confident for the first time in a while, finally think i pulled off an outfit.

honestly don't know if i'm feeling confident or if i'm just happy. i saw joão this morning for a split second, his hair messed up.

he looked absolutely adorable, i wanted to run over to him and kiss him all over.

i had a backless, mini straps white dress on, an oversized black leather jacket with white boots.

i had my hair down since i had already curled it.

i put my necklace and dangly earrings on before taking my phone and purse and running down the stairs carefully.

"let's go!" daniel quickly motioned to the door before running out and unlocking his car.

joão stood there for a second, keeping his eyes on me. "you look beautiful." he spoke with a slight smile, taking a step closer to me.

so did he, he always looks beautiful but especially today. he had a white and black designed buttoned up on, with white jeans, a white necklace.

it's almost like we were matching, "did you have to copy my colors?" he asked with a sarcastic attitude, getting even closer to me.

"i don't know what you're talking about." i talked back, looking away from him.

he leaned his face closer to mine, intertwining our fingers. "joão," i called his name.

"hm?" he asked, keeping his eyes on me.

"daniel is waiting." i reminded him, he shrugged his shoulders, "let him wait."

my smile grew, why is he acting like this!?

"no come on, we're gonna be late!" i chuckled, leaning back and beginning to walk over to the door.

"kiss me." he spoke back causing me to pause.

i turned my head to look over at him before walking over to him.

his face turned more serious once i leaned closer to him, our faces inches apart. i tiptoed over to reach his ear before whispering, "we're late."

i heard him groan as i began to run towards the car. "what took you guys so long?" daniel asked once i got in the car.

he quickly interrupted himself, "nope never mind, don't tell me."

joão locked the house door before walking over and sitting in the passenger seat next to daniel as i sat in the backseat.

the car ride was pretty quiet, not a quiet one. the music filled the car and we were all pretty tired.

my phone vibrated, causing me to pick it up and check it. it was a message from joão, "you owe me a kiss."

i chuckled lightly before turning off the phone and looking out the window.

daniel quickly parked in the lot before getting out of the car and sending joana a message that we had made it.