SYNOPSIS

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

KATO NAVARRO HAD ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD PERSON, DESPITE WHAT SHE'D BEEN THROUGH.

She was born with an extraordinary gift - a dangerously and deadly strong array of powers that are practically unmatched. But even though her mother tried to keep them a secret, there were always those who would find out. Kato was kidnapped by an organization called VICE at a young age, where she was brought to Russia and subjected to years of torture and abuse. They did everything to her - beat her, poked and stabbed her, cut her up and stitched her back together again - all in an attempt to "understand" her and her abilities. But Kato knew better. They didn't want to understand her, they wanted to control her and use her as a weapon. And she would be damned if she let that happen.

After many years, Kato finally escaped from VICE, killing everyone at the facility she was in before destroying it. Then, she dropped off the face of the earth, becoming a ghost, a shadow - someone who simply didn't exist. However, she decided to spite VICE by using her powers for good, not evil, and went around the world, doing random acts of selflessness and bravery to help those in need. Though no one knew her name or who she really was, she became an unknown savior - an undercover hero who was there to keep people safe.

Kato's activities eventually caught the attention of S.H.I.E.L.D., who began looking for her in an attempt to possibly contain her if possible. However, not even their director - Nick Fury himself - could've expected it when Kato found them, rushing to their aid after a research facility was attacked by a rogue Asgardian. Seeing her potential, Fury implores Kato to help S.H.I.E.L.D. track down the Asgardian, knowing that a woman like her would be extremely beneficial to their cause.

But Kato refuses. She has an extreme dislike and distrust for large organizations (which is warranted considering what she's been through). She does good things where she can, not fight battles on a global scale. And the last thing she wants is for VICE to find her and take her back. Still, she can't shake the feeling that things might go poorly without her. So, against her better judgement, she decides to help Fury and joins his little team - a ragtag group of heroes who seem to have powers themselves.

The moment Kato arrives at S.H.I.E.L.D., she doesn't trust a single person there. However, surprisingly, one person seems more fascinated with her than the others: Steve Rogers, aka Captain America. She can't understand why he seems to like being around her - he knows nothing about her, and she's definitely not the friendliest person to hang out with. But as the race to recover the stolen artifact goes on, Kato begins to realize that not all people are heartless and cruel, and not all organizations are as wicked as the one that kept her prisoner. And slowly, she begins to open up her heart to them - even though her mind swears against it.

With the world being put in danger multiple times and the true origin of Kato's powers slowly coming to light, Kato eventually has to choose - let the flames of her past consume her, or walk through the fire and become something more.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

COPYRIGHT & INFO

Flicker © by Uraza Mwandishi
Book 1 of the Honey & Wildfire Trilogy ©

All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form or by any means, including scanning, photocopying, or otherwise without prior written permission of the copyright holder. Copyright © 2023

This book contains strong language, mild misogyny/sexism, fantasy action violence, and possible triggers (anxiety, depression, death, etc.)

I don't own Steve Rogers/Captain America, Marvel Studios, their plots, or any of their respective characters. I do, however, own Kato Navarro/Savior, along with her original dialogue and interactions, as well as any other original characters that I may include.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DEDICATIONS

harleyQuinnfan17

jujutsualy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i just want to say this real quick: i haven't actually seen the flash movie, nor do i want to honestly. i just love supergirl as a character and thought she looked cool in the movie, so i decided to kind of work with that. please don't cancel me, alright?

this isn't a crossover, mind you. kato is my own original character, she just so happens to have the same powers and a similar suit to supergirl's. i just wanted to point that out real quick. so please don't make comments like "supergirl doesn't do this" bc she's NOT supergirl, okay? okay :)

also, i would like to make it very clear here. I DO NOT TOLERATE NEGATIVITY OF ANY KIND IN THIS BOOK. i read every single comment in my books and in the past there have been many comments where people have said some very rude things (i.e., telling my characters to fuck off, telling my characters to go fuck themselves, throwing shade or being rude/hateful towards nice, good people just because of what their characters said/did, etc.), and quite frankly, i'm tired of it. so from now on, any comments like that will be deleted if i see them, and if you leave multiple comments of that nature, you will be muted. meaning that feedback is welcome, but don't be a dick about it. so basically, if you don't have anything nice to say, do me and yourself a favor and keep it to yourself. thank you.

anyway, i don't have much else to say other than if you steal this plot i will personally come to your house with a hot air balloon and send you to space. you've been warned.

thanks for reading, and i hope you enjoy Flicker!