Chapter 3 - The Movie

Four thirty na and finally, we're complete.

We're currently at the top floor- where the cinema is. And as I predicted, manonood nga kami ng movie where Sunshine's favorite actress is.

Sunshine looked at me and dinilaan ako. How childish. As if I care. I already knew anyway.

We went inside and picked the middle part na upuan sa may baba since that's obviously the best seat.

"Apparently, this is a romance about childhood friends." Zac whispered.

"Oh.. I see..."

"You should pay attention to it. It might help ya, y'know." He whispered again.

I looked at him and his face was so annoying. His face was smirking and you can obviously know what he's thinking.

"Sigh...stop it already."

The movie started and tuwang tuwa na 'tong unggoy na nasa kaliwa ko.

"Lol. You really love her, don't you?"

"Of course I do! I really look up to her! Not only is she pretty, her acting is really great! Considering the fact that she just started her career! *soft squeal* Look! We're watching her first movie!" She whispered na may pagka-sigaw at the same time.

Well, I'm glad that she's happy. At least she's smiling now after what she felt earlier...

The movie started and dang! Ano to? Kakasimula lang, ba't biglang may namatay agad? Is this tragedy or romance? Haha!

It turns out that this character was the first love of the female lead. I feel bad for the character. Strangely, it reminded me of my pet... it's hard to move on if you loved and known them for a long time tas biglang namatay.

The movie then proceeded on the female lead meeting the male lead who was her childhood best friend.

"Wow... I can't believe the plot would be this cliché..." Sunshine whispered with a dissatisfied voice.

Wow... is she disappointed? Seriously?

She looked at my direction and was surprised that I was already looking at her.

"Ah! It's not that I'm disappointed on my favorite actress! It's just... ang dami lang na ganito yung plot..." She explained.

"Have you read a lot of books with the same plot?" I asked.

"Well... yeah... though even if it's a cliché now, it still depends on the execution of the story..."

"Then why so disappointed when it actually depends on the execution kamo?"

She froze. Haha. I bet she realized something.

"Uh... I was just... um... nevermind. I should've expected this when we decided to watch this movie even though we have knowledge sa synopsis niya."

Ang haba nang sinabi, just say that you've already gotten sick of such plots.

The movie went on and...

"No. This isn't it. He's my childhood friend. He's just a childhood friend!" And sinampal ng fl yung sarili niya.

Then I remembered something...

~~~

"What's your label with Shine? Are you really just friends?"

"Well...yeah? Obviously? I've known her since we've been in our moms' womb!" I whispered back again.

"No! I meant the present you, bro. Not the past you whose always been with her. I meant now! How does the present you feel for her?"

"The 'present me'?"